New Plugin - Bond Home

Posted on
Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:32 am
Different Computers offline

Re: New Plugin - Bond Home

FlyingDiver wrote:
Major rewrite of the plugin. Now updates status from the Bond Home units when devices change outside of Indigo.

Woohoo! This is big news! Looking forward to having real statuses of my fans!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:38 am

FlyingDiver wrote:
New official release 0.1.2: https://github.com/FlyingDiver/Indigo-B ... /tag/0.1.2

Major rewrite of the plugin. Now updates status from the Bond Home units when devices change outside of Indigo. Also implements an action for setting the repeat count for signals sent from the Bond. Useful for devices in marginal range that need repeats to function, or for devices that require continuous signals (like some shades).

The 0.1.X releases require editing all bond devices to set the appropriate device type. There's only two device types now - the bridge or a client device.

Can you explain a bit more about how to do the device type edit? when I go into my fan, all I get in the second popup is "Bond Relay Device".

Plus this in the log:
Code: Select all
Started plugin "Bond Home 0.1.2"
   Bond Home                       Starting BondHome
   Bond Home                       Bar Fan: Starting bondRelay Device 145953541
   Bond Home Error                 Bar Fan: deviceStartComm: Unknown device type: bondRelay
   Bond Home                       Fan Control: Starting bondBridge Device 1044397558
   Error                           device "Fan Control" state key brightnessLevel not defined (ignoring update request)

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:53 am
FlyingDiver offline

Different Computers wrote:

Can you explain a bit more about how to do the device type edit? when I go into my fan, all I get in the second popup is "Bond Relay Device".

Plus this in the log:
   Bond Home                       Starting BondHome
   Bond Home                       Bar Fan: Starting bondRelay Device 145953541
   Bond Home Error                 Bar Fan: deviceStartComm: Unknown device type: bondRelay
   Bond Home                       Fan Control: Starting bondBridge Device 1044397558
   Error                           device "Fan Control" state key brightnessLevel not defined (ignoring update request)

The plugin determines the device type by querying the bridge. So all you should do is edit and then save.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:06 am

Either I'm dumb, something's not right, or both. When I try to edit a device, all I have is:

https://imgur.com/2FIMwxt

And there's no other option besides relay device.

Posted on
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:14 am
FlyingDiver offline

Try changing the device type to something else (like X10) then back to Bond.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:25 am

No change :(

Seems like things are in a strange state--the bridge device has on off controls and a status. But turning it on or off does nothing and gets no error.
Last edited by Different Computers on Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:27 am
FlyingDiver offline

Grrr. Do you remember what version you were running previously? The last store version? I'll have to revert to that, create some devices, and see what happens when I upgrade the plugin again.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:31 am

It was probably the last store version, but I don't recall. 0.3 something? 0.03?

I could just delete the devices and set them up again. Should probably do the same for the bridge too.

Posted on
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:41 am
FlyingDiver offline

The would be the fastest method. The bridge device didn't change, but it can't hurt. I may try to figure out how to auto-convert the devices, but that's always tricky.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:46 am
FlyingDiver offline

Different Computers wrote:
Seems like things are in a strange state--the bridge device has on off controls and a status. But turning it on or off does nothing and gets no error.

Heh. That controls the blue light on the bridge.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:31 am
ryanbuckner offline

Attempted upgrade of Bond. When I edit a Bond device:

1) I switch to Bond --> Bond Device and
2) press Edit Device Settings.
3) Under the Device drop down, all my account devices show. :D When I choose one, they all disappear and the drop down becomes an empty list. :?

I tried restarting the plugin and received errors:

Apr 3, 2021 at 11:31:17 AM
   Reloading plugin "Bond Home 0.1.2"
   Stopping plugin "Bond Home 0.1.2" (pid 46022)
   Stopped plugin "Bond Home 0.1.2"
   Starting plugin "Bond Home 0.1.2" (pid 47426)
   Error                           device "Bond Home" state key fw_ver not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Bond Home" state key fw_date not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Bond Home" state key uptime_s not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Bond Home" state key make not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Bond Home" state key model not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Bond Home" state key bondid not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Bond Home" state key name not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Bond Home" state key location not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Bond Home" state key brightnessLevel not defined (ignoring update request)

Posted on
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:42 am
FlyingDiver offline

Can you get me a debug level log while you're editing the device?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:14 am
ryanbuckner offline

Just went in to do this and I think the error was solved when I removed the token from the Bond Bridge and then re-added it.

Posted on
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:35 am
FlyingDiver offline

That's weird. Did the token change?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:23 pm
ryanbuckner offline

No it didn't change. But when I deleted and saved then added again and saved, the bond bridge device attributes populated.

Page 6 of 11 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11