Concord 4 Alarm System

Posted on
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:55 pm
SMUSEBY offline

Re: Concord 4 Alarm System

I have a Concord (4?) system that has over 50 zones. I'm looking for a means to understand what is going on with the system - zone status, alarm notification, zone status input into Indigo, etc. My MacMini is not within reach of an RS232 connection.
Is there a solution that might work for me?

Posted on
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:12 pm
SMUSEBY offline

It's not just distance - the alarm panel is in the basement, and the mac mini is on the second floor. Not sure I'd get very far with a cable running up two flights of stairs.
However, the panel is next to my data switches. Do I understand that there is a way to convert an RS232 signal into an ethernet signal?

Posted on
Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:22 pm
SMUSEBY offline

Please forgive me as I'm afraid that are a number of obstacles between me comprehending your suggestions.
- starting with, I can understand how an RS232 device plugged into my panel and have that signal turned into something that will work over my LAN, but at the other end, I don't think I've had a com port on a computer for a very long time.
- you other suggestions included a lot of jargon that is way over my head.
Perhaps I need to find another approach, easier tackled by someone with no particular IT expertise?
Thank you, by the way, for your quick responses. Sorry I can't do better with them.
Bob

Posted on
Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:46 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I'm pretty sure you can get it to work with one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Global-Cache-iTa ... 0051BU1X4/

The plugin uses PySerial, which should handle this device.

If it doesn't, I'll update the plugin to make it work. But I won't be able to tackle that until mid-October at the earliest.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon May 31, 2021 10:41 am
r26d offline

I randomly - every few weeks - get a Bus Failure trouble alert from my Automation Module and came back to this thread.

The comment above about optically isolating the serial port meant I placed an order and Amazon delivered that part this morning. That could be an improvement I needed.

I'm also looking for a way to send a "*" keypress to three partitions through Indigo so I can status them and temporarily quiet the trouble beeps.

Anyone have a script I can run as an action?
I've looked at the plugin source but I don't write python so any help is appreciated.

Thank you!