Masquerade Plugin

Posted on
Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:32 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Masquerade Plugin

Ksullivan wrote:
That got it I'm using it to control the volume on the russound plugin and works a treat. Now to try Siri
Thanks Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please check the Indigo log and see what plugin it's complaining about. You probably need to get rid of it.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:45 pm
Ksullivan offline

Hi Joe
One observation is that when setting the device through the russound plugin the dimmer matches well i.e 30 on the russound plugin = 100% on the dimmer (0=min 30=max) but when you set the dimmer to 100% then the volume tries to go to 100 (nearly blows my speakers) any ideas?
Keith

Posted on
Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:52 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Ksullivan wrote:
Hi Joe
One observation is that when setting the device through the russound plugin the dimmer matches well i.e 30 on the russound plugin = 100% on the dimmer (0=min 30=max) but when you set the dimmer to 100% then the volume tries to go to 100 (nearly blows my speakers) any ideas?

The scaling logic might need some work. You set the low limit to 0 and the high limit to 30? So 50% on the dimmer should give you 15 in the Russound, and 100 on the dimmer should be 30. If that's not happening, I need to look at that again.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:01 pm
Ksullivan offline

It works fine controlling it from the device it shows the correct scaling bur when you set the dimmer it has a little fit.

Posted on
Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:06 pm
Ksullivan offline

Using the device

Code: Select all
Masquerade Debug                Russound Zone 3, a masqueraded device, has been updated: Zone 3 (22).
   Masquerade Debug                lowLimit = 0.000000, highLimit = 30.000000, reverse = False, scaled = 73.333333

Using the dimmer

Masquerade Debug                actionControlDevice: deviceAction   = SetBrightness
   Masquerade Debug                actionControlDevice: actionValue    = 64
   Masquerade Debug                actionControlDevice: devicePlugin   = com.jottoawa.indigoplugin.russound
   Masquerade Debug                actionControlDevice: baseDevice     = 651849078
   Masquerade Debug                actionControlDevice: masqAction     = actionSetZoneVolume
   Masquerade Debug                actionControlDevice: masqValueField = setting
   Masquerade Debug                actionControlDevice: masqState      = Volume
   Masquerade Debug                actionControlDevice: lowLimit       = 0
   Masquerade Debug                actionControlDevice: highLimit      = 30
   Masquerade Debug                actionControlDevice: reverse        = False
   Masquerade Debug                actionControlDevice: "Zone 3" Set Brightness to 64

When setting from the dimmer it doesn't scale based on the config figures

Hope this helps

Posted on
Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:13 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I just looked at the code again. I forgot to implement the scaling going that direction. :oops:

I should have something later tonight.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:17 pm
Ksullivan offline

Thanks Joe

Posted on
Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:18 pm
FlyingDiver offline

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:31 pm
chobo offline

Joe,

This looks like a fascinating little plugin that could really be useful in a number of scenarios. My particular use case: a Leviton z-wave fan controller without a proper device definition. In my situation, these particular fan controllers (Leviton VRF01-1LZ) display as dimmers when they should be Off-Low-Med-High devices. Would imagine there are others who have the same issue...

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:35 am
Ksullivan offline

Hi Joe
Updated this morning and now get this error

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:29 am
FlyingDiver offline

Would it be possible for you to post the text from the Indigo client event log, not screen shots of Indigo Touch? I don't think I'm getting the entire context of the errors.

And can you explain exactly what you were doing to get that error?

I'm also scratching my head trying to figure out why it's generating that specific error. I would only expect to see that on a hex conversion.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:36 pm
Ksullivan offline

Hi Joe

Control from russound plugin changing fro Vol 20 - Vol 22

Masquerade Debug                scaleBaseToMasq: lowLimit = 0, highLimit = 30, reverse = False, input = 22, scaled = 73
Masquerade Debug                dimmerDeviceUpdate: Russound Zone 1 (22) --> Zone 1 (73)

Dimmer changes and move to 73

Now if i amend the the slider on the dimmer from 73 to 53

Masquerade Debug                scaleMasqToBase: lowLimit = 0, highLimit = 30, reverse = False, input = 53, scaled = 15
Masquerade Debug                actionControlDevice: "Zone 1" Set Brightness to 15
Masquerade Warning              Input value for Zone 1 is higher than expected: 42
Masquerade Debug                scaleBaseToMasq: lowLimit = 0, highLimit = 30, reverse = False, input = 30, scaled = 100
Masquerade Debug                dimmerDeviceUpdate: Russound Zone 1 (42) --> Zone 1 (100)

System throws a fit and goes straight to 100

Now if i change the slider to 27 it tries to set the volume to 8 but i get this error (might need to be 08?)

Masquerade Debug                scaleMasqToBase: lowLimit = 0, highLimit = 30, reverse = False, input = 27, scaled = 8
Masquerade Debug                actionControlDevice: "Zone 1" Set Brightness to 8
Masquerade Error                Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 255, in actionControlDevice
TypeError: Odd-length string

Now if i set the slider to 35 I get this

Masquerade Debug                scaleMasqToBase: lowLimit = 0, highLimit = 30, reverse = False, input = 35, scaled = 10
Masquerade Debug                actionControlDevice: "Zone 1" Set Brightness to 10
Masquerade Warning              Input value for Zone 1 is higher than expected: 32
Masquerade Debug                scaleBaseToMasq: lowLimit = 0, highLimit = 30, reverse = False, input = 30, scaled = 100
Masquerade Debug                dimmerDeviceUpdate: Russound Zone 1 (32) --> Zone 1 (100)

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:08 pm
FlyingDiver offline

You're using the latest version (0.0.5)? Delete your Masquerade device (Zone 1) and create it again. And then post an image of the device config dialog when you're done. I'm just not getting the same results you are.

Dec 14, 2016, 2:05:07 PM 12/14
   Action Group                    Maquerade Testing
   Example Device - Relay/Dimmer   sent "Masquerade Test Dimmer" set backlight brightness to 22
   Masquerade Debug                scaleBaseToMasq: lowLimit = 0, highLimit = 30, reverse = False, input = 22, scaled = 73
   Masquerade Debug                dimmerDeviceUpdate: Masquerade Test Dimmer (22) --> Masquerade Dimmer (73)

Dec 14, 2016, 2:05:53 PM 12/14
   Masquerade Debug                scaleMasqToBase: lowLimit = 0, highLimit = 30, reverse = False, input = 53, scaled = 15
   Masquerade Debug                actionControlDevice: "Masquerade Dimmer" Set Brightness to 15
   Example Device - Relay/Dimmer   sent "Masquerade Test Dimmer" set backlight brightness to 15
   Masquerade Debug                scaleBaseToMasq: lowLimit = 0, highLimit = 30, reverse = False, input = 15, scaled = 50
   Masquerade Debug                dimmerDeviceUpdate: Masquerade Test Dimmer (15) --> Masquerade Dimmer (50)

Dec 14, 2016, 2:08:33 PM 12/14
   Masquerade Debug                scaleMasqToBase: lowLimit = 0, highLimit = 30, reverse = False, input = 27, scaled = 8
   Masquerade Debug                actionControlDevice: "Masquerade Dimmer" Set Brightness to 8
   Example Device - Relay/Dimmer   sent "Masquerade Test Dimmer" set backlight brightness to 8
   Masquerade Debug                scaleBaseToMasq: lowLimit = 0, highLimit = 30, reverse = False, input = 8, scaled = 26
   Masquerade Debug                dimmerDeviceUpdate: Masquerade Test Dimmer (8) --> Masquerade Dimmer (26)

Dec 14, 2016, 2:08:55 PM 12/14
   Masquerade Debug                scaleMasqToBase: lowLimit = 0, highLimit = 30, reverse = False, input = 35, scaled = 10
   Masquerade Debug                actionControlDevice: "Masquerade Dimmer" Set Brightness to 10
   Example Device - Relay/Dimmer   sent "Masquerade Test Dimmer" set backlight brightness to 10
   Masquerade Debug                scaleBaseToMasq: lowLimit = 0, highLimit = 30, reverse = False, input = 10, scaled = 33
   Masquerade Debug                dimmerDeviceUpdate: Masquerade Test Dimmer (10) --> Masquerade Dimmer (33)

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:38 pm
Ksullivan offline

ConfigImage

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:40 pm
Ksullivan offline

Here's the log;

Masquerade Debug                scaleMasqToBase: lowLimit = 0, highLimit = 30, reverse = False, input = 52, scaled = 15
   Masquerade Debug                actionControlDevice: "Masquerade Zone 1" Set Brightness to 15
   Masquerade Warning              Input value for Masquerade Zone 1 is higher than expected: 42
   Masquerade Debug                dimmerDeviceUpdate: Russound Zone 1 (42) --> Masquerade Zone 1 (100)
   Masquerade Debug                scaleMasqToBase: lowLimit = 0, highLimit = 30, reverse = False, input = 62, scaled = 18
   Masquerade Debug                actionControlDevice: "Masquerade Zone 1" Set Brightness to 18
   Masquerade Warning              Input value for Masquerade Zone 1 is higher than expected: 48
   Masquerade Debug                dimmerDeviceUpdate: Russound Zone 1 (48) --> Masquerade Zone 1 (100)
   Masquerade Debug                scaleMasqToBase: lowLimit = 0, highLimit = 30, reverse = False, input = 38, scaled = 11
   Masquerade Debug                actionControlDevice: "Masquerade Zone 1" Set Brightness to 11
   Masquerade Warning              Input value for Masquerade Zone 1 is higher than expected: 34
   Masquerade Debug                dimmerDeviceUpdate: Russound Zone 1 (34) --> Masquerade Zone 1 (100)