New Plugin - Bond Home

Posted on
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:20 am
Different Computers offline

Re: New Plugin - Bond Home

Well would you look at that!

I checked again and not sure what changed, but the device is now available to me. Amazing! thanks :)

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:37 pm
ryanbuckner offline

Just upgraded to v0.2.0 and started getting these errors:

Code: Select all
  Bond Home Error                 plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
   Reloading plugin "Bond Home 0.2.0"
   Stopping plugin "Bond Home 0.2.0" (pid 79998)
   Stopped plugin "Bond Home 0.2.0"
   Starting plugin "Bond Home 0.2.0" (pid 43498)
   Started plugin "Bond Home 0.2.0"
   Error                           device "Bond Home" state key brightnessLevel not defined (ignoring update request)
   Bond Home Error                 Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 244, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 191, in doDeviceStartup
KeyError: (u'1993245836',)

Bond Home Error                 plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

File "plugin.py", line 191, in doDeviceStartup
KeyError: (u'1993245836',)

Posted on
Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:07 pm
FlyingDiver offline

ryanbuckner wrote:

Upgraded from what version? You need to edit all your devices going to 0.2.X to set the device types.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:25 am
ryanbuckner offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
ryanbuckner wrote:

Upgraded from what version? You need to edit all your devices going to 0.2.X to set the device types.

Not sure what version I had before but all devices have device types. I have 3 devices of

type: Bond Home
Model: Bond Device

Posted on
Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:22 am
FlyingDiver offline

Yeah, this is probably a bug that I haven't been able to fix yet. The most straightforward solution is to delete all the Bond devices and recreate them.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:00 pm
ryanbuckner offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Yeah, this is probably a bug that I haven't been able to fix yet. The most straightforward solution is to delete all the Bond devices and recreate them.

I've deleted all Bond devices (including the Home device). Then I updated the firmware on my Bond and confirmed that all devices on the cloud account work ok with the app.

I'm able to add 1 device. Any other added device starts throwing errors (only after reboot):

Aug 20, 2021 at 1:54:34 PM
   Reloading plugin "Bond Home 0.2.0"
   Stopping plugin "Bond Home 0.2.0" (pid 9980)
   Stopped plugin "Bond Home 0.2.0"
   Starting plugin "Bond Home 0.2.0" (pid 11558)
   Started plugin "Bond Home 0.2.0"

File "plugin.py", line 199, in doDeviceStartup
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 5: ordinal not in range(128)

Received INSTEON                "Basement Bathroom Motion Sensor" off (button 1)

I get this error after adding a 2nd device for the ceiling fan lights. The 1st device is ceiling fan fan:

File "plugin.py", line 201, in doDeviceStartup
ValueError: NameNotUniqueError

Posted on
Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:40 pm
FlyingDiver offline

That looks like a unicode bug. Please submit an issue in GotHub for it. In the mean time, make sure all your devices (in Indigo and the bond app) are plain ASCII, no unicode characters (include fancy quotes).

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:35 pm
ryanbuckner offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
That looks like a unicode bug. Please submit an issue in GotHub for it. In the mean time, make sure all your devices (in Indigo and the bond app) are plain ASCII, no unicode characters (include fancy quotes).

I removed all commas from the device names and the associated rooms. The errors have gone away so far. I'll test the devices tonight. I'll log an error in GitHub

EDIT: they were right quotation marks, NOT commas.

Posted on
Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:16 am
ryanbuckner offline

Everything appears to be working again.

Posted on
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:18 pm
spiv offline

Considering using a Lutron 4-button scene Pico to provide a physical remote for a Bond-controlled fan. I have a Lutron repeater/dimmers already working in Indigo

For family in home, trying to keep it simple. Single press only of each button. Something like button1=high speed, button2=medium speed, button3=low speed, button4=off

I think this is straightforward. Can I use the Lutron plugin "linking to another device" or do I set this up with button triggers for every Pico keypress? Looking for recommendation on how to set this up before I dive in and do it.

The problem I am trying to solve:
Having original rf factory remote for fan which is used by family. Can't automate properly in Indigo because of the lack of status back from the fan. A design problem with all fans.
I want to simply have a "turn the fan off" unconditional command that runs when we leave the home or as a safety net, late at night in case someone doesn't shut off the fan.

With the feedback status problem, can't do this because depending on how the handheld remote was used, the indigo command might turn the fan on instead of turning it off.

My idea is to make the family use the Pico for the physical remote. This would allow all the commands to always be sent only from Indigo to the Bond. Doesn't guarantee a status/feedback mismatch, but most of the time (which would be good enough) the commands would work as intended?

Posted on
Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:43 am
FlyingDiver offline

spiv wrote:
I think this is straightforward. Can I use the Lutron plugin "linking to another device" or do I set this up with button triggers for every Pico keypress? Looking for recommendation on how to set this up before I dive in and do it.

You'll need to use triggers. The "linked devices" functionality in the Lutron plugin is for controlling a relay (on/off) device with each button, which would not work with the Bond fan device.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:45 am
FlyingDiver offline

Release 0.2.1 is on the plugin store now. This version fixes an issue with Bond devices that have unicode characters in the name. Also some support for Smart by Bond devices, but that's still a work in progress.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:01 am
boisy offline

I stumbled upon this thread and learned what the Bond Bridge is. This seems like the perfect solution for us, as we just ordered a variety of ceiling fans for our new construction project. I was torn about how to automate these fans (a mixture of mostly Minka Aire and a few Quorum ceiling fans).

Looking at the Bond products, there's a regular $99 bridge and a $379 "Pro" version. The pro features really aren't necessary for me, so I'm thinking of one regular bridge, maybe a second one if the range is an issue for the ceiling fans around the house.

In the case I need more than one Bond Bridge, can the plug-in support that easily?

Posted on
Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:49 am
FlyingDiver offline

Yes, each Bridge is added as it's own device, then you create devices to represent the items it's controlling. I've never been able to test multiple bridges, but it should just work.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed May 11, 2022 5:56 am
FlyingDiver offline

Indigo 2022.1 release

joe (aka FlyingDiver)