Add LIFX device to Harmony

Posted on
Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:47 pm
cygnus23 offline

Add LIFX device to Harmony

Hi, I added the bridge to Indigo, and made one device to be shared with LIFX bridge, but when I go to the MyHarmony app on my Mac, and choose Devices/Home Control/Add Device, I just get a screen telling me to plug in my Harmony Hub and have my remote plugged in. My Harmony Hub is already set up and I can add Entertainment devices fine, and never get this message, just a message telling me I need to sync to update the new devices to the remote (Elite), which also works fine. Can I not set up the LIFX virtual devices using the My Harmony desktop app?

thanks,
Bryan

Posted on
Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:10 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Add LIFX device to Harmony

No, home control devices are only available in the mobile app. I have no idea why Logitech did it that way. Other than not wanting to spend resources on the desktop apps, that is.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:47 pm
cygnus23 offline

Thanks, Do I lose anything by switching to the mobile App? Other than the convience of not using my phone?

Posted on
Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:36 pm
FlyingDiver offline

They're not exclusive. You can set up all the home entertainment devices on the desktop app, then just use the mobile app for the home control devices.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:02 pm
cygnus23 offline

ok, I got it working. didn't realize I could use both. I can assign the Lifx virtual stuff to Harmony buttons on the desktop, just can't add them there. So now I made an action group with 4 real Insteon devices, and a virtual device for the Action group. When I press one of the assigned lighting buttons on the Ultimate remote, the Action group lights turn on Yay! But when I long press, they don't turn off. When I had only a real device assigned in the Lifx plug-in (single device), the short press/long press did turn the light on and off. In the setup for the virtual device I selected my action group for both the on and off group. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Posted on
Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:06 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I've never done it with a virtual device, but I suspect you're going to need to set up a status variable so that the virtual device itself has a proper state. See the virtual device documentation for that.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:46 pm
cygnus23 offline

I got it. Turns out the Virtual device requires different action groups to execute for "on" and "off". Which is nice actually, because essentially on and off can do two completely different things, it's not limited to just turning on and off the same devices, or to 100% and 0%. Kind of can't believe I got this working in like an hour of trying. Thanks so much!

Page 1 of 1