Still Working?

Posted on
Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:16 am
koensayr offline

Still Working?

Hi There! Curious if this plug should still work. I was expecting an exported device from Indigo to appear in the LIFX app as a controllable device. But it doesn't appear to be showing up. I wonder if this plugin no longer works (or maybe never worked) with the native LIFX app? Especially now that they've moved to a cloud model?

It does seem to work in some other third party apps (Brilliant.tech) in this case. But I don't happen to see it in the official LIFX app

Posted on
Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:19 am
ckeyes888 offline

Re: Still Working?

Still working for me, albeit I have to restart the plugin every day or so.
Setup for me was a bit confusing. I didn’t realize the bulbs can be added directly to Indigo, bypassing the app altogether.

Carl

Posted on
Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:25 am
FlyingDiver offline

I have no idea if they show up in the LIFX app. The use case for this plugin is for something like the Harmony Hub, which knows how to control LIFX devices. I use this every day to control scenes with my Harmony remote.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:15 pm
jltnol offline

Still works for me. But I have to admit that the iOS app for Lifx is FUBAR. Not intuitive. Not well designed. Not easy to understand. Which is why I never use it anymore. Once I got everything connected in Indigo, it's been smooth sailing... except for the Unifi WiFi Access points, which, as it turns out, don't play well with several other devices I have.

Page 1 of 1