This Plugin is SOOOOO COOL!

Posted on
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:10 pm
ppespepe offline

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to share with you my thoughts about this Plugin. Let some screenshots and a couple of photos to speak for themselves...

I'm an espresso freak... which is the jewel in the crown for me:

0_IMG_1645.JPG
0_IMG_1645.JPG (187.74 KiB) Viewed 5665 times

I keep the espresso machine and the grinder ON and I attached them to a couple of Aeotec Smart Switches, I use schedules to turn on the espresso machine at a given hour on weekdays and different hour on weekends, after 25 minutes It turns on the grinder plus sends me a pushover message for me to know espresso is hot enough so I'll start with those:

step1.jpg
step1.jpg (103.22 KiB) Viewed 5665 times

Add it to the plugin:

step2.jpg
step2.jpg (98.12 KiB) Viewed 5665 times

Even when I can use a control page to manually turn on the coffee machine or to see the power consumption and the timers:

0_IMG_1647.JPG
0_IMG_1647.JPG (135.92 KiB) Viewed 5665 times

1_IMG_1649.JPG
1_IMG_1649.JPG (138 KiB) Viewed 5665 times

Now I can also use my remote control.... HOW COOL IS THAT???

0_IMG_1639.JPG
0_IMG_1639.JPG (197.09 KiB) Viewed 5665 times

I definitely LOVE the ability to add non Harmony compatible things to my good old remote control so I'd like to thank the @Flyingdiver for such a cool plugin!!!

PP

Posted on
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:43 am
kw123 offline

Re: This Plugin is SOOOOO COOL!

My question is:
which espresso machine and grinder are these

Karl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:19 am
ppespepe offline

kw123 wrote:
My question is:
which espresso machine and grinder are these

Karl

Hi Karl, I’m not controlling the Grinder or the Espresso machine per sé, they both have physical switches so I let their power switches in the ON position and then control the ON/OFF using a pair of z-wave smart plugs like these photos taken from internet:

CE412A81-2730-4F94-A0A2-70B2E31A9E7A.jpeg
CE412A81-2730-4F94-A0A2-70B2E31A9E7A.jpeg (226.43 KiB) Viewed 5599 times

182B6867-4AE2-4BC8-87DE-7879C1B452AD.jpeg
182B6867-4AE2-4BC8-87DE-7879C1B452AD.jpeg (283.64 KiB) Viewed 5599 times

But anyway, the espresso machine is an ECM Espresso Technika Profi IV (loooong name lol) and the grinder is a Rancilio Kryo sixty something...

PP

Posted on
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:54 am
kw123 offline

I have my espresso machine on a simple zwave switch to heat the machine. I do the grinding and the rest manually.

I have a Ranchillo with digital temperature Control from Seattle coffee + baratza Virtuoso grinder
What’s missing is a second heater in the ranchillo it takes too long to reheat after the coffee is done for the milk frother.

I am trying now doing it the other way around: first milk then coffee. I use “hidden city” for my beans Have tried many different ones I think they are the best.

Karl

Posted on
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:38 pm
Korey offline

Fancy Kits! :)

Here's ours.. an old Pasquini Livia 90, (re-plumbed to be autofill) with a Macap M4 Grinder.

Controlled via a Dual Outletlinc for many years.

The beans we like are by Kicking Horse Coffee - Cliff Hanger Espresso.
Attachments
IMG_2845.JPG
IMG_2845.JPG (356 KiB) Viewed 5539 times

--
Korey

Posted on
Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:15 pm
Londonmark offline

My home automation journey started with my Espresso machine - used to be sitting upstairs working and wanting to switch the machine on. Ditto having it ready first thing in the morning. And once I’d automated the coffee machine (or at least the socket) everything else began to follow. Coffee really is an addictive and expensive habit...

Ps strongly recommend home roasting...

Posted on
Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:11 pm
ppespepe offline

Londonmark wrote:
My home automation journey started with my Espresso machine - used to be sitting upstairs working and wanting to switch the machine on. Ditto having it ready first thing in the morning. And once I’d automated the coffee machine (or at least the socket) everything else began to follow. Coffee really is an addictive and expensive habit...

Ps strongly recommend home roasting...

Thanks for sharing!!! =)

Have something in common, my Home Automation Journey began two or three years ago with my coffee maker as well... at the beginning using a Wemo with the iPhone as a remote control. Then added some Lifx (all today in a box) Lighting, then I realized most smart-anything is just an expensive remote controlled gizmo for each brand without a hub, so I bought SmartThings, then added action tiles, then replaced SmartThings with Hubitat Elevation, then tried Home Assistant, went to HomeSeer after that... then Allonis MyServer, and now Indigo with HomeSeer and Hubitat... this has been a very bumpy road for me... it is a shame Indigo has no support for voice assistants or the ability to stream announcements through google Home devices...

Tomorrow will receive an ISY-994i... let’s see what is best, to keep z-waves registered on Indigo or perhaps through ISY to have voice, it will depend on the kindly shared isy plugin... the Insteon Hub (works with HS) also has voice but Indigo only works with serial attached PLMs... So my hopes about a single home automation software is just a pile-of-crap... as of today, three and counting (Hubitat, HomeSeer, Indigo and maybe ISY?) and each one has a big flaw... Hubitat rocks and I think has been n of the best Zigbee support but is not powerful enough on the automation side, HomeSeer is fantastically flexible but it’s interface designer or the mobile app god both are very bad... VERY bad, Allonis has a Fantastic interface builder and is very stable but device support is awful, they either don’t have the capacity or interest to maintain their drivers. Indigo is VERY stable and fast and cool and has a decent interface builder (control pages) if you are already on the Apple ecosystem but even though they offer a paid subscription for remote access, they simply don’t want to support voice integration... text to speech and speech as command is very poor... Not a perfect world... don’t take me wrong, I really like Indigo... the software I’m looking for simply don’t exist :D

So what began as a lazy coffee automation, today even includes myself building environmental sensors... By the way, I have a roaster, a small Gene Cafe...

Sorry for the overshare but... remembering how it all started... :P

Cheers!

Page 1 of 1