MyQ Login failures starting at 1:37PM CDT

Posted on
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:55 am
FlyingDiver online

Re: MyQ Login failures starting at 1:37PM CDT

eullman wrote:
Ugh. Looks like this is the thing that is going to get me to upgrade my server. I almost made it 10 years with a Mac mini (Early 2009). That's pretty cool, actually.

That one won't run High Sierra? I know a lot of older ones won't run Mojave as the graphics are not Metal compatible. But High Sierra works too, at least for another couple years I think.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:56 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Note: I have a 2014 Mac mini which is my production Mac (just switched to it actually specifically because of this MyQ issue) and a 2012 mini that's my dedicated testing Mac (which btw, seems to run Indigo on Mojave fine if not a bit slowly). The good news is that Catalina's system requirements actually go back to the 2012 mini, so the 2014 mini is still viable for years to come (even if next year's OS update doesn't work on it, you still many years that you'll be able to use it). Look on eBay, you'll find good deals there (maybe someone here who's upgraded has one for sale?).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:19 pm
Gman34798 offline

MyQ login is still not possible. Any idea on a resolution?

Posted on
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:25 pm
FlyingDiver online

Gman34798 wrote:
MyQ login is still not possible. Any idea on a resolution?

There was a fix posted a month ago. If you're running the current version (7.3.2) and your Indigo server is running High Sierra or Mojave, then you have a different problem and should create a new thread with the log info for MyQ running in debug mode.

If you're not running 7.3.2 and High Sierra or Mojave, fix that and then try again.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:52 pm
Gman34798 offline

Sorry for not including a bit more info...
I am running 7.3.2 but not running High Sierra or Mojave. I have stayed with Sierra. (10.12.6) because it simply seems to work well with Indigo.
Any thoughts?

Posted on
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:54 pm
FlyingDiver online

Gman34798 wrote:
Sorry for not including a bit more info...
I am running 7.3.2 but not running High Sierra or Mojave. I have stayed with Sierra. (10.12.6) because it simply seems to work well with Indigo.
Any thoughts?

Nope. Won't work. MyQ upgraded their servers and they now require a newer version of TLS than is available in Python on Sierra.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:36 pm
colovin offline

I am in the same situation, my 2012 MiniMac is a dedicated machine just for Indigo and well email. I've kept it on Sierra to avoid all the pitfalls that seem to come with going to High Sierra (HS) which is where I'd go if I were update OS's. If I were to go to HS, what is the best way to do that? Can it be as simple as just doing an OS update, I have the install file or do you need to do a clean install? What is the plague I'm destine for? I'd clone my current installation so I could go back. To update the same machine to a different OS do I need to do the deactivate routine?

Indigo 7.1.1, OS 10.14.6, MacMini .3.2 GHz 6 Intel Core i7, 64 GB ram

Posted on
Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:40 pm
FlyingDiver online

colovin wrote:
I am in the same situation, my 2012 MiniMac is a dedicated machine just for Indigo and well email. I've kept it on Sierra to avoid all the pitfalls that seem to come with going to High Sierra (HS) which is where I'd go if I were update OS's. If I were to go to HS, what is the best way to do that? Can it be as simple as just doing an OS update, I have the install file or do you need to do a clean install? What is the plague I'm destine for? I'd clone my current installation so I could go back. To update the same machine to a different OS do I need to do the deactivate routine?

My Indigo server is also a 2012 mini, and it's running High Sierra now.

I've pretty much always done the in-place upgrade. Never had any real problems. Having a clone or a Time Machine backup is a good idea. And you shouldn't need to deactivate/activate.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:46 pm
Gman34798 offline

Well I’m considering going straight to Mojave...from what I’ve read I should be ok. Any known pitfalls I should be aware of?

Posted on
Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:58 pm
FlyingDiver online

Gman34798 wrote:
Well I’m considering going straight to Mojave...from what I’ve read I should be ok. Any known pitfalls I should be aware of?

I'm running Mojave on my desktop/development system, and no problems I've seen.

I can't upgrade my old Mac Pro unless I install a new graphics card. Not sure if I'll ever do that.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:52 pm
Gman34798 offline

Thank you Joe,
I may run the upgrade over the upcoming holiday weekend. Mojave as a few capabilities that I need for other applications so it will be a welcome upgrade after all this time.

Posted on
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:41 am
Gman34798 offline

Well the upgrade to Mojave is not an option for me at this point. My iMac is a mid-2011 so High Sierra is as high as I can go on the MacOS ladder. Shopping for a new Mac at this point!

Posted on
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:42 am
FlyingDiver online

Gman34798 wrote:
Well the upgrade to Mojave is not an option for me at this point. My iMac is a mid-2011 so High Sierra is as high as I can go on the MacOS ladder. Shopping for a new Mac at this point!

High Sierra is OK, at least for these TLS issues.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:34 pm
howartp offline

I upgraded MacMini 2012 from Sierra to Mojave last month.

Working ok, albeit slowly, but as I only touch it when developing plugins it’s fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:23 am
colovin offline

OK, so far so good! My last OS update was a nightmare. It took me about a week to fix everything that it broke. I forget where I was, I'm usually 2 or 3 behind, but I guess the leap to Sierra was a big jump. I was also having OS issues with the old install (it had been running many years) so I did a clean install to Sierra. Sierra was running fine so I just laid High Sierra on top with no issues (so far) I'm never that lucky, I'm sure something will pop up. MyQ is working again!! :-)

Indigo 7.1.1, OS 10.14.6, MacMini .3.2 GHz 6 Intel Core i7, 64 GB ram