Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:54 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Please use the GitHub Issues System for bug reports or feature requests.

I'm trying to update the Wiki documentation to cover all common questions. If there's something missing, please post it here or create an issue. Or submit your own changes to the Wiki.

Thanks!

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:11 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Bug Reports and Feature Requests

You might want to double check your URL's, you have an extra space in this one.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:13 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Fixed. :oops:

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:21 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I've never made a mistake ever, so I don't know how this kind of gross oversight happens. :roll: :shock:

On a related note, I'm getting to the same place where I really prefer all issues and requests go to the Git issues but also understand that it's easier for people to post it here. I'm trying a "two post" rule that if I can't get them figured out in two forum posts then it's got to go on Git so I can put it in the queue.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:22 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
I've never made a mistake ever, so I don't know how this kind of gross oversight happens. :roll: :shock:

On a related note, I'm getting to the same place where I really prefer all issues and requests go to the Git issues but also understand that it's easier for people to post it here. I'm trying a "two post" rule that if I can't get them figured out in two forum posts then it's got to go on Git so I can put it in the queue.

That seems fair. Unless it takes longer to figure out if it's a user (or documentation) error or an actual bug. ;)

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Mon May 07, 2018 3:00 pm
whmoorejr offline

Possible Feature request....

Not sure if follow up actions could be added to the Place a Call action or if there is another way to do it....

i.e., Twillio plugin calls me to say, "No one is home, do you want to arm the alarm, press 1 for yes, press 2 for no"

Would then use twillio <gather> to then initiate a http request to execute the corresponding action in indigo.

FYI, Just started messing around with the plugin today... so far, it's a lot of fun. Adding phone calls to my indigo notification environment was the missing link for me. Big Thank You for that.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Mon May 07, 2018 3:02 pm
FlyingDiver offline

That one will take some thought. Please create an issue for the new feature on GitHub.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Mon May 07, 2018 4:04 pm
whmoorejr offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
That one will take some thought. Please create an issue for the new feature on GitHub.

Added to GitHub.

:D

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Tue May 08, 2018 12:12 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

whmoorejr wrote:
i.e., Twillio plugin calls me to say, "No one is home, do you want to arm the alarm, press 1 for yes, press 2 for no"

I was just participating in a Twilio webinar this morning where the devs showed how to implement that exact functionality via Python :).

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue May 08, 2018 12:16 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
whmoorejr wrote:

I was just participating in a Twilio webinar this morning where the devs showed how to implement that exact functionality via Python :).

It seems pretty straightforward to do it you have a web server already running. Which the Indigo plugin is not. Trying to implement security on the built-in (TwiML) functionality seems difficult.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue May 08, 2018 1:35 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

You don't need a web server, you can use the Twilio studio to create the entire flow and either use responses or web hooks (obviously that would require a web server).

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue May 08, 2018 1:37 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
You don't need a web server, you can use the Twilio studio to create the entire flow and either use responses or web hooks (obviously that would require a web server).

The studio is new since I originally developed the plugin. I'm trying to mock up a flow right now. I think it's all doable. Not sure if I'll actually get it working before we head to Africa next week.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue May 08, 2018 3:30 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

First, the studio is pretty cool and makes development much easier for voice and SMS. I'm developing a few solutions based on that and have a few more queued up for future integrations (none of which are Indigo.

Second, AFRICA, how cool is that? Unless you mean the group, in which case "meh". :P

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue May 08, 2018 3:38 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Second, AFRICA, how cool is that? Unless you mean the group, in which case "meh". :P

Safari tour out of Nairobi. Two weeks in Kenya and Tanzania. Our first trip to Africa. It's the only continent I haven't been to.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue May 08, 2018 4:47 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

FlyingDiver wrote:
Colorado4Wheeler wrote:

Safari tour out of Nairobi. Two weeks in Kenya and Tanzania. Our first trip to Africa. It's the only continent I haven't been to.

You've been to Antarctica?

Pick me up some Tanzanite while you're there please!

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn