Harmony Activities

Posted on
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:07 am
dduff617 offline

Harmony Activities

I'm trying to set up triggers so i can have a keypad button that toggles between turning harmony system off and turning it on to a specific activity. This seems to work. I'm also trying to debug a trigger the LED state of the button so that when system is off, LED goes off and when system is in any activity other than Off, LED goes on.

Looking at my Harmony hub in the devices window, when I expose states, I see four custom states: channelSelector, connectionState, currentChannel, and isConnected. Surprisingly, I don't see anything like currentActivity.

I do see that when I go to set up a trigger, I the state "Current Activity" appears in the menu of choices so I can create triggers for when this state changes, but I'd still like to be able to see the current value. I also can set up a action to insert device state into a variable and observe the value that way.

Is it an oversight that this does not show up as a custom state? Seems like it would make debugging and setting up triggers easier if current activity were visible. I also suggest it might be more convenient to use "off" or the current activity name as the device state that appears in the "state" column in the devices window as opposed to the current value (which for me is always "connected").

Posted on
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:14 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Harmony Activities

You must be looking at the wrong device. Here's the state list for one of my Hubs:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 12.13.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 12.13.06 PM.png (181.55 KiB) Viewed 1440 times

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Page 1 of 1