Harmony Alexa skill

Posted on
Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:27 am
siclark offline

Harmony Alexa skill

Not quite the right place, but most suitable for all those using Harmony and Alexa. I looked at the Alexa skill when they were first introduced, and am sure it used to require a "Alexa, ask Harmony to .... " command.
However with introduction of scenes, the functionality is much better. Now its just "Alexa turn on living room apple tv/bedroom fire tv" etc You can then also just say "Alexa pause/ play / turn volume up/down " etc. and ask for specific channels.

Not sure how I missed this change, but hopefully of use for others. Its simplified my setup so now I can use this plugin for triggering actions on harmony changes rather than trying to link it and the alexa hue plugin to get voice control.

Posted on
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:55 am
CliveS offline

Re: Harmony Alexa skill

It is due to 2 Harmony skills for Alexa

Logitech recommends you enable our other, newly updated “Harmony” skill. Both the “Harmony” skill and this “Harmony — Secondary Hub” skill offer similar capabilities.

Harmony skill:
“Alexa, turn on the TV”
“Alexa, turn on Netflix”
“Alexa, turn up the volume”
“Alexa, pause”

Harmony — Secondary Hub skill:
“Alexa, ask Harmony to turn on the TV”
“Alexa, ask Harmony to turn on Netflix”
“Alexa, ask Harmony to turn up the volume”
“Alexa, ask Harmony to pause”

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Page 1 of 1