Harmony Home Control buttons to launch Action Groups?

Posted on
Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:18 pm
rustyhodge offline

Harmony Home Control buttons to launch Action Groups?

I would like to configure Harmony Home Control remote buttons to launch Action Group commands.

Is there a proper way to do this?

It appears that I can use the LIFX plugin and create some virtual devices and then use the Harmony Hub plugin to detect the activityNotification and fire off an Action Group.
(based on this)
    Harmony Hub Debug Living Room Harmony: messageHandler: Event automation notify, contents:
    Harmony Hub Debug Living Room Harmony: Device: lifx-0:22:15:212:64:214, status: 0, brightness: 254, on: True

Am I missing something? It sure would be great to use those buttons on the remote to fire off some scenes.

Thanks

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:44 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Harmony Home Control buttons to launch Action Groups?

My setup uses the home automation buttons on the remote for specific devices or scenes in my Lutron system. But you can do it with Action Groups as well. But you don't do it with the Harmony Hub plugin (or not as easily).

1. Set up the Action Groups.
2. Set up a Virtual device that uses the action groups for on/off.
3. Configure the LIFX Bridge plugin (not the LIFX plugin) to publish those virtual devices as pseudo-LIFX devices.

I think you did all those already.

4. Use the Harmony iOS (or Android, I think) app to configure the remote buttons to turn on/off those pseudo-LIFX devices.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Page 1 of 1