Harmony Hub Unknown Event Type

Posted on
Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:59 am
petematheson offline

Harmony Hub Unknown Event Type

Hi,

I've been having this for some time now but haven't gotten around to posting it.
I've just enabled debugging so will try and catch the next time it runs with the output.
Anything you're aware of?

Code: Select all
18 Apr 2017, 11:21:22
   Harmony Hub Error               Harmony Hub - Living Room: messageHandler: Unknown Event Type: {'type': 'harmonyengine.metadata?notify'}
{"musicMeta":{"muteState":false,"deviceId":37782113}}
   Harmony Hub Error               Harmony Hub - Living Room: messageHandler: Unknown Event Type: {'type': 'harmonyengine.metadata?notify'}
{"musicMeta":{"time":"","deviceId":37782113}}

Posted on
Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:29 am
petematheson offline

Re: Harmony Hub Unknown Event Type

No further output from debug:

Code: Select all
   Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Hub - Living Room: messageHandler: Event automation notify, contents:
   Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Hub - Living Room: Device: hue-00:17:88:01:10:54:c8:c1-0b, status: 0, brightness: 254, on: False
   Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Hub - Living Room: messageHandler: Event automation notify, contents:
   Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Hub - Living Room: Device: hue-00:17:88:01:10:2b:c2:8a-0b, status: 0, brightness: 254, on: False
   Harmony Hub Debug               Harmony Hub - Living Room: Device: hue-00:17:88:01:10:2c:4a:ef-0b, status: 0, brightness: 254, on: False

18 Apr 2017, 12:21:24
{"musicMeta":{"muteState":false,"deviceId":37782113}}

Posted on
Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:35 am
FlyingDiver offline

I probably shouldn't be logging that as an error message. It means there's a message sent out from the hub that I don't recognize. Not really an error, per se.

What is Harmony device 37782113? You'll have to look at a config dump to determine that. And what was happening when those messages appear?

Another user posted about musicMeta messages last August, but never provided any information to help determine what they mean, so I was never able to turn them into anything useful.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:38 pm
petematheson offline

I don't think I've been able to tie it down to actually doing anything to cause the errors.
I'll keep an eye on it and have a play tomorrow to see if I can figure out what causes it.

Device is my Sonos by the looks of it:
Device: Living Room Sonos (CONNECT), id: 37782113, type: DigitalMusicServer, Manufacturer: Sonos, Model: CONNECT

Ah yep, it's that (sonos) activity which triggers the error:
Harmony Hub Error Harmony Hub - Living Room: messageHandler: Unknown Event Type: {'type': 'harmonyengine.metadata?notify'}

Posted on
Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:59 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Did you do something to make the Harmony send a command to the Sonos (using the remote), or was that the Sonos sending an update to the hub? Can you tell?

I'll probably just ignore that message in a future version, unless I can determine what exactly is causing it. In that case I might be able to define an Event for that occuring.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:23 pm
petematheson offline

This is just when starting the Sonos activity.
It basically does the following:

Turns on the Denon AV Receiver
Sets the Denon to the CD Input

Nothing else to it really !?

Posted on
Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:28 pm
FlyingDiver offline

The hub knows that the Sonos device is part of that activity, so it's probably broadcasting info about what it thinks the current state of that device is.

I'll ignore that one in a future release.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Page 1 of 1