Harmony Hub no longer responds

Posted on
Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:07 pm
wormhole offline

Harmony Hub no longer responds

Since upgrading to 7.02, the Harmony Plugin despite double and triple checking to ensure the wifi address (which I have reserved) is correct, the plugin always shows harmony hub devices as "PowerOff" and no longer shows the states properly. There is no indication of any errors in the log. When i reload the plugin the following is output in the logs

Reloading plugin "Harmony Hub 7.1.0"
Stopping plugin "Harmony Hub 7.1.0" (pid 89568)
Received INSTEON "Powder Room Light" off
Error process (pid 89568) failed to quit after polite request -- forcing it to quit now
Stopped plugin "Harmony Hub 7.1.0"
Starting plugin "Harmony Hub 7.1.0" (pid 91796)
Started plugin "Harmony Hub 7.1.0"
Harmony Hub Starting Harmony Hub

it reloads, but always shows hubs to be "Powered Off" even when i use the harmony remote to start activities. Used to work great, unsure what happened.

Hub devices show a product ID, etc, i'm happy to do whatever you suggest to test, but there are no logs related to Harmony at all other that what i copies and pasted from the logs above. Thanks in advance.

Posted on
Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:08 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Harmony Hub no longer responds

You need to turn on debug level logging in the plugin configuration dialog.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:48 am
wormhole offline

When i goto select 'configure' the plugin, i get the following error:

Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.flyingdiver.indigoplugin.harmonyhub for request UiGetValues1
Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.flyingdiver.indigoplugin.harmonyhub for request CallPluginFunc
Error (client) runConfigDialog() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]
Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.flyingdiver.indigoplugin.harmonyhub for request UiGetValues1
Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.flyingdiver.indigoplugin.harmonyhub for request CallPluginFunc
Error (client) runConfigDialog() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

Indigo hangs, no dialogue box pops up, and i'm left unable to turn on debug level logging.

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:00 am
FlyingDiver offline

These are exactly the same symptoms as Jay reported in another thread. As I recall, he did the following.

1. Disable the Hub devices by un-checking the "comm enabled" box(es) in the Indigo device list.
2. Restart the plugin.
3. Then try the config dialog again.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:31 am
wormhole offline

ok thank you. did that and now this appears in log window:

Harmony Hub Debug logLevel = 10
Harmony Hub Debug updateFrequency = 86400.0
Harmony Hub Debug Called deviceStartComm(self, device): Harmony Hub - Family Room (1101033443)
Harmony Hub Debug Harmony Hub - Family Room: Device Current Version = 0
Harmony Hub Debug Harmony Hub - Family Room: Device Version is up to date
Harmony Hub Debug Harmony Hub - Family Room: Starting harmonyHub device (1101033443)

however devices still show "PowerOff". what should i do next? Thanks again.

EDIT:
Event log just showed this:
Harmony Hub Checking for updates...
Harmony Hub Debug Plugin version detected: 7.1.0
Harmony Hub Debug Current version is: 7.1.0
Harmony Hub Debug Getting latest release from FlyingDiver/Indigo-Harmony...
Harmony Hub Debug GET /repos/FlyingDiver/Indigo-Harmony/releases/latest
Harmony Hub Debug HTTP 200 OK
Harmony Hub Debug Latest release is: 7.1.0
Harmony Hub No updates are available

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:36 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re-enable the device, then use a control page button or action group to start an activity, then turn it off again. Also, use the remote to turn on an activity and off again. Then post the debug log for all that.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:27 am
wormhole offline

When i re-enabled the device, the log was the last copy paste of logs at the bottom of my prior post.

Pressing a button on either the Control Page or using the Harmony remote resulted in nothing in the event logs...sorry, what do you suggest next?

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:56 am
FlyingDiver offline

wormhole wrote:
When i re-enabled the device, the log was the last copy paste of logs at the bottom of my prior post.

Pressing a button on either the Control Page or using the Harmony remote resulted in nothing in the event logs...sorry, what do you suggest next?

I gotta think you're missing something. There's using a control page button (or activity group) to send a "Start Activity" command to the hub has to put something into the log, if you've got debug logging turned on. Using the remote to do so won't log if the plugin isn't talking to the hub.

1. Make sure plugin is set for debug logging.
2. Restart the plugin.
3. Create a new action group that sends a "Start Activity" command to the hub.
4. Execute the action group.
5. Post the entire log starting with the restart of the plugin.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:58 am
wormhole offline

Apologies, for some reason, when i reserved the address on the hub, it did not take, so just rechecked the IP, fixed it, and it appears to work now....now just need to figure out why control page buttons not working. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1