Universal Controls Option

Posted on
Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:05 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Universal Controls Option

durosity wrote:
Fair nuf, thought it might just simply things! No biggie!

Actually it's easier the way it is. I have to iterate through the groups individually anyway - that's the way the data comes back from the hub.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:09 pm
durosity offline

Yeah I kinda guessed that was populated directly from the hub.

So far so good, I've been driving the wife nuts randomly sending commands to the TV while she's playing skyrim. They all seem to have worked so far!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:08 pm
durosity offline

aha, just found a bug.. not sure if it were there in the previous release but sending "NumericBasic" command to my sat box does nothing. It doesn't do it either via the existing "Send Device Command" option but things like navigation up works fine. When actioning it i get this message with debug switched on:

Code: Select all
   Action Group                    Control Page Button - Lounge: 3
   Harmony Hub Debug               Lounge - Harmony Hub: sendCurrentActivityCommand: Number3 to 38978062

Also just noticed that in Send Command to current Activity option i don't get the "Miscellaneous" Command group for the sat box (and it does appear if i go into the option for "Send Device Command"

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:13 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Can you do a "Write Formatted Hub Config" for that hub, then copy that section of the log into a file, zip it up, and attach it here?

I may also need to add some additional debugging output to the plugin.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:42 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Wait on that. I think I found the NumericBasic bug, and it's been there forever.

Try Beta3: https://github.com/FlyingDiver/Indigo-H ... .1.0-beta3

I will need that data to figure out the Miscellaneous command group issue, I think.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:54 am
durosity offline

Installed beta 3, getting this error:

Started plugin "Harmony Hub 7.1.0"
   Harmony Hub                     Starting Harmony Hub
   Harmony Hub Debug               updateFrequency = 86400.0
   Harmony Hub Debug               Called deviceStartComm(self, device): Bedroom 1 - Harmony Hub (1689224956)
   Harmony Hub Debug               Bedroom 1 - Harmony Hub: Device Current Version = 0
   Harmony Hub Debug               Bedroom 1 - Harmony Hub: Device Version is up to date
   Harmony Hub Debug               Bedroom 1 - Harmony Hub: Starting harmonyHub device (1689224956)
   Harmony Hub Debug               Bedroom 1 - Harmony Hub: Waiting for client.sessionstarted
   Harmony Hub Debug               Bedroom 1 - Harmony Hub: Activity: Watch CCTV (21499689)
   Harmony Hub Debug               Bedroom 1 - Harmony Hub: Activity: PowerOff (-1) - Current Activity
   Harmony Hub Debug               Bedroom 1 - Harmony Hub: Activity: Watch Apple TV (22187737)
   Harmony Hub Debug               Bedroom 1 - Harmony Hub: Activity: Watch Freeview (22054264)
   Harmony Hub Debug               Bedroom 1 - Harmony Hub: Activity: Watch Sky (21384068)
   Harmony Hub Debug               Called deviceStartComm(self, device): Lounge - Harmony Hub (1775225259)
   Harmony Hub Debug               Lounge - Harmony Hub: Device Current Version = 0
   Harmony Hub Debug               Lounge - Harmony Hub: Device Version is up to date
   Harmony Hub Debug               Lounge - Harmony Hub: Starting harmonyHub device (1775225259)
   Harmony Hub Debug               Lounge - Harmony Hub: Waiting for client.sessionstarted
   Harmony Hub Debug               Lounge - Harmony Hub: Activity: Play PS3 (22135412)
   Harmony Hub Debug               Lounge - Harmony Hub: Activity: Watch Smart TV (22154467)
   Harmony Hub Debug               Lounge - Harmony Hub: Activity: Watch CCTV (22135932)
   Harmony Hub Debug               Lounge - Harmony Hub: Activity: PowerOff (-1)
   Harmony Hub Debug               Lounge - Harmony Hub: Activity: Listen to Radio (22135432)
   Harmony Hub Debug               Lounge - Harmony Hub: Activity: Play Xbox 360 (22135308)
   Harmony Hub Debug               Lounge - Harmony Hub: Activity: Watch Sky (22135752)
   Harmony Hub Debug               Lounge - Harmony Hub: Activity: Play PS4 (22135328) - Current Activity
   Harmony Hub Debug               Lounge - Harmony Hub: sendCurrentActivityCommand: Info to 38913574
   Harmony Hub                     Checking for updates...
   Harmony Hub Debug               Plugin version detected: 7.1.0
   Harmony Hub Debug               Current version is: 7.1.0
   Harmony Hub Debug               Getting latest release from FlyingDiver/Indigo-Harmony...
   Harmony Hub Debug               GET /repos/FlyingDiver/Indigo-Harmony/releases/latest
   Harmony Hub Debug               HTTP 200 OK
   Harmony Hub Debug               Latest release is: 7.1.0-beta3
   Harmony Hub Error               Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 65, in runConcurrentThread
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/HarmonyHub 10.30.26.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 88, in checkForUpdate
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/HarmonyHub 10.30.26.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 175, in _prepareForUpdate
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/HarmonyHub 10.30.26.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 107, in getUpdate
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/HarmonyHub 10.30.26.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 324, in ver
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '0-beta3'

Harmony Hub Error               plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

But after that it seems to work.

Also i have the dump you wanted but the forum refuses to allow a .zip or .rtf so had to attach it as .txt
Attachments
Harmony Dump.txt
(79.56 KiB) Downloaded 174 times

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:10 am
durosity offline

Oh and no joy on the numeric entry option.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:20 am
FlyingDiver offline

The startup error should be fixed. I forgot to mark that release as a beta on GitHub.

durosity wrote:
Oh and no joy on the numeric entry option.

I need to see the debug output for when you try to send a numeric entry command. Do number buttons work anywhere? Ever? Any other buttons not working?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:24 am
durosity offline

Hmm good point, I've not tried the numbers with anything else as I only ever really use them with the sky box, but I might be able to try it with free view on the TVs itself. I'll have to set it up for that, I'll try it out later on! So far though the rest seems to be working well! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:27 am
FlyingDiver offline

durosity wrote:
Hmm good point, I've not tried the numbers with anything else as I only ever really use them with the sky box, but I might be able to try it with free view on the TVs itself. I'll have to set it up for that, I'll try it out later on! So far though the rest seems to be working well! :)

Did the A/B/X/Y and Circle/Cross/Square/Diamond buttons work for the game controllers? They would have been effected by the same bug as the number keys.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:35 am
durosity offline

I've not tried them yet. I'll try them out when I'm back home!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:53 am
FlyingDiver offline

Oh, I forgot to say - you need to edit all the actions that send numbers (or special game commands). The info stored in the action changed for this last beta. Just edit them and reselect the number to send.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:01 am
durosity offline

Ok just got back and tried them out. PS3 isn't hooked up right now so can't test that but Xbox 360 is working, when i select GameType1 and select X i get this:

Action Group                    XBOX X Button
   Harmony Hub Debug               Lounge - Harmony Hub: sendCurrentActivityCommand: GameX to 38913576

But nothing is actioned on the xbox (pressing X on the harmony remote itself works) in the exact same way the numeric isn't working.

Action Group                    xTV Numeric
   Harmony Hub Debug               Lounge - Harmony Hub: sendCurrentActivityCommand: Number3 to 38913576

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:02 am
FlyingDiver offline

Have you edited the actions yet?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:06 am
durosity offline

Brand new actions group. Also restarted the plugin just to be sure.

Computer says no.