Universal Controls Option

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:53 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Universal Controls Option

OK, I'm going to have to think on this a bit. And I'll be out most of the day. I might have something later tonight.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:51 am
durosity offline

No worries, I appreciate the effort you're taking to look into it!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:08 am
Different Computers offline

I'm a bit unclear about the changes from 7.0 to this. Will it require redefining activities?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:49 am
durosity offline

Afaik it only affects any activities you've got set that use the options that have been removed and replaced. I had some device specific ones before that have continued to work.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:02 pm

Thanks!!

Let me say again how much I love this plugin. I need to remember to contribute!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:08 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Different Computers wrote:
I'm a bit unclear about the changes from 7.0 to this. Will it require redefining activities?

Device commands should still work the same. Activity commands will need to be redone. That button presses, not Activity start commands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:17 pm

Maybe I'm missing some cool thing I could be doing with my Hub, but I didn't have to redefine activities or change anything about things like "stop" commands.

But the plugin does time out trying to sync hub.

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:41 pm
durosity offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Device commands should still work the same. Activity commands will need to be redone. That button presses, not Activity start commands.

I don't recall having to do that for mine. That said I didn't have many so perhaps I did without even realising when I was messing about with the new settings.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:24 pm
FlyingDiver offline

durosity wrote:
FlyingDiver wrote:

I don't recall having to do that for mine. That said I didn't have many so perhaps I did without even realising when I was messing about with the new settings.

If you didn't redo them, then that's why the number commands aren't working with the latest version.

I'm spending the day pulling up old smelly carpet at my dad's house, so I won't be able to do any more testing on this until this evening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:06 pm
durosity offline

"If you didn't redo them, then that's why the number commands aren't working with the latest version. "

No that was for other commands like mute. The ones i've been testing with are brand new commands to make sure of no issues like that (i wouldn't wanna send you on a wild goose chase :) )

"I'm spending the day pulling up old smelly carpet at my dad's house, so I won't be able to do any more testing on this until this evening. "

Sounds like fun! When you're finished fancy popping over and helping me with a new corner couch? ;)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:54 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I think I've got this licked now. https://github.com/FlyingDiver/Indigo-H ... .1.0-beta4

One UI change - the popup for selecting the command is now the uglier "name" field from the hub config data instead of the prettier "label" field. Turns out the label field isn't necessarily unique, while the name field is. And it's the name field that identifies the actual command string to be sent. This change should eliminate an occasional instance of two items in the command popup with identical labels but different names (and commands) that were hidden.

I recommend updating any activity command or device command actions.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:40 am
durosity offline

Cool I'll try it out when I get home!

You've done a great job with this plugin, I'll remember it in your annual performance review!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:06 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Have you had a chance to try the latest beta?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:29 am
Woetjes offline

Joe, I have it installed and everything is working fine, no issues detected (yet).
There was suddenly a delay when sending commands to the Hub but after rebooting, everything was fine again.

When I pressed 'volume up' before, the Hub increased the volume by 2 but that's also fixed now.
Thanks again for the work!

Posted on
Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:12 am
durosity offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Have you had a chance to try the latest beta?

Sorry, been a busy couple of days!

Yep working for numeric commands but not it would seem for GameType Commands. However i'm not too worried about them because i'm gonna have special scripts for selecting X or A or Triangle or whatever depending on whatever console is in use at that time and that uses the "Send Device Command" option.

Only one minor issue seems to be outstanding and that's the error as below whenever you select an option that doesn't work on that command (e.g. the + option when set to use my Sky HD box) but that doesn't affect the use of it!

Computer says no.