KAS lock status

Posted on
Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:52 pm
agame offline

KAS lock status

Ive installed a couple of zwave locks that are variously branded by KAS.com.au and Locstar.com . Very inexpensive compared to eg Yale.

Basic zwave function including setting user codes and remote control works fine. I am however seeing some transposed and non-recognsed states.

The model is LS-8015-MM-Z-Wave
Zwave certification: ZC08-131000011

The process of unlocking and having auto relock a door via Indigo yields the following:

Code: Select all
Z-Wave                          sent "mudroom front door" unlock
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager Debug  Node ID 54 (Hex 54) found in lockIDs
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager Debug  Door: 01 0D 00 04 00 36 07 62 03 01 00 02 FE FE FF
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager Debug 
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager Debug  Node:  54
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager Debug  Type:  1
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager Debug  User:  0
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager        Status: Door is unlocked: auto relock active [Node: 54]
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager Debug  Updating state: lockState
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager        Latch open, Bolt unlocked, Door open [Node: 54]
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager Debug  Updating state: handleState
   Z-Wave                          received "mudroom front door" status update unlocked (manually)
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager Debug  Raw:  01 0F 00 04 00 36 09 71 05 06 02 00 FF 06 02 00 FF
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager        Unknown lock status received: 6 [Node: 54]
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager Debug  -----
   Z-Wave                          received "mudroom front door" status update is locked
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager Debug  Door: 01 0D 00 04 00 36 07 62 03 FF 00 00 FE FE FF
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager Debug 
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager Debug  Node:  54
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager Debug  Type:  255
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager Debug  User:  0
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager        Status: Door is locked [Node: 54]
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager Debug  Updating state: lockState
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager        Latch open, Bolt locked, Door open [Node: 54]
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager Debug  Updating state: handleState
   Z-Wave                          received "mudroom front door" status update locked (via timer)
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager Debug  Raw:  01 0F 00 04 00 36 09 71 05 06 09 00 FF 06 09 00 FF
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager        Unknown lock status received: 6 [Node: 54]
   Z-Wave Lock/Code Manager Debug  -----

I see it reports the the unlock as being manual rather than by RF. That doesn't really matter as i can transpose them. But i'm intrigued what the Unknown Lock Status would be...that seems to be the state reported whenever the door is remotely locked in a closed position. It is correctly reporting being the basic locked/unlocked status though, which is 99% of what is needed.

[I'm still working to confirm how it is responding to vacation/privacy modes - what is actually the intended difference between these?]

Posted on
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:11 pm
howartp offline

Re: KAS lock status

Hi

Boy, that's taken a bit of understanding.

Access Control events can either be "Alarms" (version 1 or 2) or "Notifications" (version 3 upwards).

I do have basic code for Alarms but as they are deprecated I don't think any of my plugin users have door locks that use it, so I haven't touched that bit of code for a while.

It therefore appears I have a significant bug in this area which i'll have to look at this week.

The codes which end 06 02 00 FF are "Manual unlock" and 06 09 00 FF are "Auto relock".

It shouldn't be reporting status 6 as missing as that isn't even the status field in the code. (The 6 is actually saying it's an Access Control event, ie a door etc)

When you comment about manual vs RF - ZWave is not RF when it comes to door locks. RF is when you have a tag or card on your keyring/wallet that you tap to the lock to open. Any Indigo/ZWave commands will be treated as a Manual unlock.

Peter

Posted on
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:23 pm
agame offline

Re: KAS lock status

Ah, thanks for diagnosing what's going on there!

They seem to be integrating very well, aside from that reporting issue.
The locks are widely available and about a quarter of the price of an AU-frequency Yale lock...so maybe some other non-US users may appear...

Also the explanation of 'manual' - haven't used zwave locks before so not sure of the nomenclature. On that vein, how about the difference between 'privacy mode' and 'vacation mode' - or are they the same?

cheers.

Page 1 of 1