door/window sensors and keypads devices in plugin.

Posted on
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:44 am
whmoorejr offline

door/window sensors and keypads devices in plugin.

Trying to find a good plugin to help me with utilizing a Ring z-wave contact switch (Notification Sensor) and maybe a Ring Keypad (Don't have one...yet)

As for the contact switch.... after installing the device, it didn't appear to do anything. I used your "Z-Wave Watcher" plugin to then track the device and see that it was sending raw zwave reports when I open, close or remove the back cover (tamper)......

So, using an open and close trigger on the received raw zwave to modify a variable I then created a virtual device to represent the state. <-- That's a lot of crap to use one simple device.

While searching the forum on stuff (keypad, zwave, RFID and some other keywords on projects I'm working through), I came back to this plugin (Which has been controlling my Yale door lock flawlessly for a couple years now) and noticed you have door/window and keypads in the description.

I created a new ZWave Lock Manager device for the contact switch, using model "Door Lock" (I didn't see any other options).... It recognizes the switch, but I only get a status change on "open" (Event:2) even though the plugin sees "close" (Event:0). Any ideas?

Code: Select all
   Trigger                         Bill's Gun Safe Open
   Z-Wave Watcher Debug            Raw command received (Node 44): 01 0F 00 04 00 2C 09 71 05 00 00 00 FF 07 02 00 5F
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Node ID 44 (Hex 44) found in lockIDs
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       -----
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Lock Status Report received:
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Raw:   01 0F 00 04 00 2C 09 71 05 00 00 00 FF 07 02 00 5F
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Node:  44
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Type:  7
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Event: 2
   Z-Wave Lock Manager             Status: Intrusion alert [Node: 44]

Trigger                         Bill's Gun Safe Close
   Z-Wave Watcher Debug            Raw command received (Node 44): 01 10 00 04 00 2C 0A 71 05 00 00 00 FF 07 00 01 02 42
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Node ID 44 (Hex 44) found in lockIDs
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       -----
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Lock Status Report received:
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Raw:   01 10 00 04 00 2C 0A 71 05 00 00 00 FF 07 00 01 02 42
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Node:  44
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Type:  7
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Event: 0

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:30 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: door/window sensors and keypads devices in plugin.

whmoorejr wrote:
a Ring Keypad (Don't have one...yet)

Not sure about the contact switch, but if you get a keypad you'll want to get the v1 keypad, not the v2. The latter seems to require S2 security to work reliably and we don't yet support S2 security. The v1 does work though and we hope to have some more specific support in 7.5.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:53 am
howartp offline

Hi Bill

Apologies, i've got all my values out of sync in that section of code.

Value 00 is "Idle" (ie closed as you're referring to it)
Value 01 is "Intrusion at [Location]"
Value 02 is "Intrusion (no location provided)"

I've started at value 1 instead of value 0.

I'll fix tonight.

Peter

Posted on
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:29 pm
whmoorejr offline

jay (support) wrote:
the contact switch... S2

The contact switch is S2, and it worked. But that is probably why it hung up when syncing.... the device was probably waiting for me to enter the 5-digit DSK PIN. During syncing, on the indigo side, everything synced, but the green light on the contact switch continued to flash. So, I removed the batteries, replaced the batteries.... no more flashing and I can watch the Raw Z-wave traffic to trigger happiness.

howartp wrote:
I'll fix tonight.

Peter

Thanks Peter... no rush, no worries. Just happy that is 1 out of 800 things that was not me screwing up.

As a reference if you don't already have it...

Ring Contact Sensor Manual: https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/360055786192/Ring_Alarm_Contact_Sensor_Zwave.pdf

Side note: After getting these boogers to finally sync (multiple tries/fails/factory resets/etc.), they seem to work just fine and they are a little under $20USD. There is also a ton of used ones on Facebook Marketplace.

Side note2: Most of the "Fails/factory resets" were user error. I'd sync then play with the battery for a bit. After seeing nothing in the event log, I figured they didn't sync properly or were crap.

Side note3: I just ordered a Gen1 for $25 used. No rush on integrating because I don't have a case use yet.... just wanted to play with it. Maybe with a label maker I can turn it into a 15 button scene controller or use it as an exterior garage door opener.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:47 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

whmoorejr wrote:
jay (support) wrote:
the contact switch... S2

The contact switch is S2, and it worked. But that is probably why it hung up when syncing.... the device was probably waiting for me to enter the 5-digit DSK PIN. During syncing, on the indigo side, everything synced, but the green light on the contact switch continued to flash. So, I removed the batteries, replaced the batteries.... no more flashing and I can watch the Raw Z-wave traffic to trigger happiness.

Interesting edit... :wink:

It's likely the contact switch mostly works with S0 (the security that Indigo does support) - this seems to be the case with several devices claiming S2 security.

The v2 keypad, however, mostly doesn't work. It appears to include and sync, and you receive button press packets from it for up to about a minute afterward. However, after that short time period it stops sending any button press messages (though it continues to send battery updates) and the only thing you can do is exclude/include it again, but the pattern repeats. So, if you buy one, buy a v1 until we add S2 to Indigo (no idea when that will happen, but definitely not in 7.5).

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:20 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Jay (Indigo Support)

Page 1 of 1