Schlage 469 - Unreliable and Erratic

Posted on
Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:10 pm
akimball offline

Re: Schlage 469 - Unreliable and Erratic

Pity. Step-son once worked for lock-smith and says Schlage locks are superior mechanically. But if they don’t work reliably...then they’re not what I need. It looks like they may require a bluetooth to wifi adapter wall plugin....similar to the plugin required to convert rf to Insteon-protocol needed by the morninglinc....which I’m replacing.

Instead of the plugin, has anyone tried an AppleTV connection?

I fully understand why lock manufactures implement low-power bluetooth (4.0 hopefully) but shy away from power hungry wifi, hence the need for the plugin protocol converter box. Too bad doors aren’t sold with builtin power... inductive power coupled to the door frame for locks, Christmas wreaths, and powered keyhole cameras. Anyone want to start a powered front door business with me? I’m sick of batteries.

Anyway, wife likes the Schlage be469 look. I want easy-reliable-low maintenance.

-Al

Posted on
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:41 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

While you're at it, add in some innovative ways of mounting things like wreaths that work reliably and aren't intrusive... ;)

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:51 pm
akimball offline

jay (support) wrote:
While you're at it, add in some innovative ways of mounting things like wreaths that work reliably and aren't intrusive... ;)

A steel door to use with neodymium magnetic wreath ornaments might work. :)

-Al