None of my Locks now work with Lock Manager

Posted on
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:06 am
AndyVirus offline

Hello,

I had to recover from a hard drive failure and since then ( i think, i have only just checked and noticed) I can no longer set pins etc for any of my 4 Locks. 3 are Yale Keyfree Connected locks and 1 is a Yale Keyless Connected.

All 4 were working perfectly but now i have gone to my action group to set a pin/clear a pin, none of the locks show up in actions anymore.

All the locks are working in Indigo (lock, unlock and battery status). They are all included encrypted incase that matters to the plugin?

I turned on debugging but no clues there: just mentions the triggers i have set up:

Code: Select all
 Starting plugin "Z-Wave Lock Manager 1.0.49" (pid 1246)
   Started plugin "Z-Wave Lock Manager 1.0.49"
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       startup called
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Start processing trigger Andrew Unlock Back Door
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Start processing trigger Andrew Unlock Front Door
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Start processing trigger Andrew Unlock Garage Door
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Start processing trigger Andrew Unlock Patio Door
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Start processing trigger Billie Unlock Back Door
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Start processing trigger Billie Unlock Front Door
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Start processing trigger Billie Unlock Garage Door
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Start processing trigger Billie Unlock Patio Door
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Start processing trigger Contractor (BoilerMan) Unlock Back Door
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Start processing trigger Dog Walker Unlock Front Door
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Start processing trigger Hollie Unlock Back Door
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Start processing trigger Hollie Unlock Front Door
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Start processing trigger Hollie Unlock Garage Door
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Start processing trigger Hollie Unlock Patio Door
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Start processing trigger Margret Unlock Back Door
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Start processing trigger Margret Unlock Front Door
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Start processing trigger Margret Unlock Garage Door
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       Start processing trigger Margret Unlock Patio Door

On test status response i get:
Code: Select all
   Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug       lockIDs: []

Any ideas how to start troubleshooting this?

Posted on
Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:32 am
howartp offline

Re: None of my Locks now work with Lock Manager

Hi Andy.

Off the top of my head...

If you disable then re-enable the dummy lock in Indigo, it will re-add it to lockIDs[]

If not, my next idea - which would have been first if you didn't say that they were working in Indigo natively - would be to exclude then re-include them with encryption because it wouldn't be a surprise to me if the encryption key has changed with your new/fixed HDD?

Peter

Posted on
Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:52 am
AndyVirus offline

I had to restore the keystore too as yes, Indigo generated a new key(s) with a new install. Scared the hell out if me as you cant reset yale zwave devices once included unless you exclude from the controller.

Ill try the dummy lock as soon as im home. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:36 am
AndyVirus offline

OK so I have figured it out...

When i rebuilt the HDD i would have gone with the latest version. This means I needed to create devices for the locks. I did not have to do that before so I must have been running an older version that added the locks automatically.

Anyway, all done. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Posted on
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:21 pm
durosity online

AndyVirus wrote:
Scared the hell out if me as you cant reset yale zwave devices once included unless you exclude from the controller.

Can you not exclude it using another z-stick like any other module? Or do it from the keypad on the keyfree?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:43 pm
AndyVirus offline

durosity wrote:
AndyVirus wrote:
Scared the hell out if me as you cant reset yale zwave devices once included unless you exclude from the controller.

Can you not exclude it using another z-stick like any other module? Or do it from the keypad on the keyfree?

No, it errors. If you try to exclude and it cant reach the controller it bombs out. Any other zwave device, you can, the zwave modules of yale... nope.

It is stated in the guides too that this is the case.

Unless you can exclude from the controller its bound to, game over, you need to get a new module. No way documented how to “reset” a yale zwave module.

That said, i did not try to stick another module in exlude as it did not work with the same z stick when encrypted but wring keys. It seems if the handshake fails it will not exclude.

I think this is by design so no one who has access to your premises can take control of your lock by reset and include to their controller for later access.

Posted on
Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:04 pm
durosity online

Interesting! Worth knowing!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:19 pm
howartp offline

AndyVirus wrote:
OK so I have figured it out...

When i rebuilt the HDD i would have gone with the latest version. This means I needed to create devices for the locks. I did not have to do that before so I must have been running an older version that added the locks automatically.

Anyway, all done. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Excellent.

Yeah, I didn't have "dummy" devices in the earlier versions.

Peter

Page 1 of 1