User and re-lock function issues

Posted on
Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:33 pm
durosity offline

User and re-lock function issues

So finally had a chance to sit down and update this plugin from one of your early beta releases. You’ve done a great job with it. Two minor thing though that I don’t think have previously been discussed:

1 - The main user for my lock seems to be 251 based on the debug log. However when I go into triggers the user list stops at 249.

2 - Relock Time - I believe my lock has two different timers for relock.- one for entry via the keypad itself, and one for remote activation - when I set a time on this plugin it’s only setting it for the local use option, not the remote one (which is set at just a few seconds) - any chance of adding the 2nd one.. assuming it exists?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:36 pm
howartp offline

Re: User and re-lock function issues

What lock do you have?

I don't recall seeing any with two lock times but happy to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:32 am
durosity offline

So been looking around and sure enough the Z-Wave module seems to only support one relock time.. but the user manual does define two.. so guess that's a bit of an oversight on their part.

Still not sure about the user numbers though.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:33 am
durosity offline

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:56 am
howartp offline

Just remembered I didn't come back on this thread.

User 251 is the Manager Code in Yale terms, so if you're seeing 251 in the logs it means you're using the manager code to lock/unlock your door, OR you're using it to configure things in the lock.

Would you agree that I should leave the manager code alone, not allowing you to trigger on it, because it shouldn't be used for daily purposes?

Or - should I add a trigger "Manager code was used - if you weren't aware of this then panic!"?

Peter

Posted on
Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:11 pm
durosity offline

Oh I forgot about it too.

Hmm shouldn’t it be used? I’m thinking logically if I setup a 3rd user for myself then that’s 4 codes someone could guess to gain access rather than just 3 that are setup.

That said a panic option for it does sound interesting. I suppose it’s the same as the disarm under duress option on the DSC alarm panels. I’ll leave that decision to yourself.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:12 pm
durosity offline

(Honestly I’d forgotten I’d even posted this.. I was thinking a few days ago I needed to raise it. Guess it just shows how messed up my mind is right now. :/ )

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1