Kwikset 910 Error

Posted on
Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:14 am
howartp offline

Re: Kwikset 910 Error

Excellent.

It must have been something gone wrong when initialising or changing those triggers from locks to dummy locks when I introduced the dummy concept.

Glad it's sorted now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:14 am
howartp offline

Excellent.

It must have been something gone wrong when initialising or changing those triggers from locks to dummy locks when I introduced the dummy concept.

Glad it's sorted now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:45 am
dduff617 offline

I'm using Kwikset 912s.

My locks were working ok for a while. I have been using Z-Wave Lock Manager Plugin for a while and not seeing errors. I did some re-configuration of my system (replacing a lock, and upgrading to Z-Stick gen5). Then recently, I started noticing an error similar to the one reported earlier in this thread every time I lock the doors.

I think I have traced the cause of this error for me turned out to be that you have a trigger based on a ZWLM Plugin event but for which the device is not configured (or as in my case, the configuration was set to a ZWLM lock device that got deleted). This was my situation, and when I went into the settings for each such trigger and pointed them to existing Lock Manager devices, the errors went away. So hopefully this might help someone else with a similar.

I'm thinking this error case could be truly "fixed" by defensive coding in the plugin - so a trigger with incomplete settings just does nothing instead of causing an error message, or better could still put a warning in the logs that indicates the actual "problem" of a trigger with invalid configuration.