ZWave Lock Manager Plugin

Posted on
Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:49 am
howartp offline

ZWave Lock Manager Plugin

Introducing the ZWave Lock Manager plugin

Following the release of Indigo 7 which introduced Lock support, there was a lot of feedback about not being able to manage user PINs and other features of the Locks which many users were previously able to manage via the Vera plugin.

Having already produced the ZWave Scene Controller plugin whilst Indigo 7 was in beta, I was already familiar with the new ZWave API hooks that were added in 7 - so with the help of a PDF posted by another user which gave the lock command syntax, I volunteered to write this plugin.

This plugin also supports many door/window sensors and keypads whether they're supported by Indigo or not yet.

For those wanting to jump straight in, the latest download link is always at the bottom of this post.

Current Features
  • Set a user PIN
  • Clear a user PIN
  • Query a user PIN from a lock
  • Supports 4-10 digit codes and RFID tags
  • Log common status replies from the lock
  • User count increased to 250 users, not just 10
  • Added ability to set the Real Time Clock in the lock
  • Added ability to set the Auto Lockout, Tamper and Operating Mode settings in the lock
  • Added triggers for "User x locked/unlocked the door", "Invalid code entered" and "Deadbolt jammed"
  • Ignores status reports from non-lock devices
  • Adds support for ID Lock (Norwegian) and Zipato RFID Keypad
  • Added support for any zwave lock even if it hasn't been defined by Matt/Jay as a lock
  • Added several more triggers for who, what or how your lock was un/locked

Coming soon
  • Update multiple codes at once
  • Manage multiple locks at once
  • Maintain user database with names and assigned codes

Planned for later
  • Pass

Installation notes
This plugin creates a number of Actions under "Z-Wave Lock Manager actions". You can combine these with your own schedules, triggers and control panel buttons or simply execute them from the Indigo client.

It should be noted that I don't actually have a ZWave lock to test against, so I'm coding blind - huge thanks to my beta testers for testing for me.

When you install the plugin, you'll need to create a new device called ZWave Lock Manager > Door Lock for each lock you have. When you create it, it lists every Zwave device on your system, which might well be hundreds, but you only do this step once per lock so that doesn't matter. Thereafter, all events, triggers, actions etc present you with a list of Door Locks that you've defined, rather than a list of LockSubTypes or ZipatoKeypads etc. (For the purposes of my testing, I'm using a TKB plug socket as a pretend door lock, because I don't have any actual locks!)

If you are upgrading from v1.0.34 or earlier you will need to edit your existing actions and triggers once you've created your Door Lock devices, but that should only be necessary once.

Download link - v1.0.43

ZWaveLockManager.IndigoPlugin

Those who have seen me around the forums will know I usually participate in the forums at least daily if not several times; however please be aware this is usually from my iPhone when I'm away from my desk. I will endeavour to support this plugin as quickly as possible, but (as with everyone) I have busy periods of the year when I'm simply not at my desk long enough to do all I'd like to, including fixing or updating plugin code, even if you see me actively responding to other threads.

Enjoy!

Peter

Posted on
Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:28 am
howartp offline

Re: ZWave Lock Manager

Just released v1.0.15 which increases user count to 250 from 10 - meant to do this before release!

Posted on
Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:48 am
howartp offline

Re: ZWave Lock Manager

Just released v1.0.17 which traps and logs more status reports, and limits device selection to Zwave relay devices - my list suddenly got much shorter!

Posted on
Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:24 pm
howartp offline

Re: ZWave Lock Manager Plugin

FYI I just split this topic into 2, so my update announcements are in an Announcement thread that's locked.

You can reply here or in new threads depending what it relates to.

Peter

Posted on
Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:09 pm
howartp offline

Just released v1.0.18 which adds ability to set the date/time in the lock, plus corrects the logging of lock/unlock commands.

Posted on
Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:10 am
howartp offline

Just released v1.0.19 which adds ability to set various operating parameters in the lock - see initial post for details.

Posted on
Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:42 am
howartp offline

howartp wrote:
Just released v1.0.19 which adds ability to set various operating parameters in the lock - see initial post for details.

Sorry - was a bug in v1.0.19

v1.0.20 now live.

Posted on
Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:35 pm
howartp offline

v1.0.21 tidies up some of the bits mentioned in the other thread.

Triggers on door locked/unlocked are now in Beta with my testers.

Peter

Posted on
Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:49 pm
howartp offline

v1.0.22 now released - adds basic triggers as detailed above.

Posted on
Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:00 pm
howartp offline

v1.0.28 now released - ignores non-lock devices, and adds support for locks that use newer v3 notification class instead of older v1/v2 Alarm/Notification class.

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:17 pm
howartp offline

v1.0.29 now released - small tweaks for PIN and RFID length, plus various tamper/security alarms reported by the lock.

Thanks to Krisstian for help with the RFID code that I couldn't test and therefore debug.

Posted on
Sun May 28, 2017 10:05 am
howartp offline

v1.0.35 now released - (Beta testers, please ignore this release)

This version changes the way locks are identified, so it doesn't matter if a new device hits the market that hasn't yet been defined as a Lock or a Zipato keypad - it can still be used.

When you install the plugin, you'll need to create a new device called ZWave Lock Manager > Door Lock for each lock you have. When you create it, it lists every Zwave device on your system, which might well be hundreds, but you only do this step once per lock so that doesn't matter. Thereafter, all events, triggers, actions etc present you with a list of Door Locks that you've defined, rather than a list of LockSubTypes or ZipatoKeypads etc. (For the purposes of my testing, I'm using a TKB plug socket as a pretend door lock, because I don't have any actual locks!)

If you are already using the plugin you will need to edit your existing actions and triggers once you've created your Door Lock devices, but that should only be necessary once.

No other features have changed in this release, just the identification of devices.

Posted on
Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:36 pm
howartp offline

v1.0.36 thru v1.0.41 now released - some of you have been using these intermediate versions without me publishing them in this thread.

They each add support for more triggers such as "locked by RF", "locked by Indigo", "door opened".

Posted on
Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:47 am
howartp offline

v1.0.43 now released.

• Fixes bug with actions reporting missing node/module
  • Sets lockState status (and UI status) to Locked/Unlocked, Open/Closed or Jammed
  • Sets Last Updated time when the lockState changes

The other status's aren't coded yet; they're built for the beta of this plugin and got back-ported by accident.

Peter

Posted on
Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:27 pm
howartp offline

v1.0.50 now released.

• Allows setting PINs from a variable (which can then be edited in Indigo Touch

Create/edit a "Set user PIN" action and enter the following instead of the normal PIN:

%%v:123456%%

where 123456 is the ID of a variable in Indigo.

Peter

Page 1 of 1