Lock Triggers Stopper Working

Posted on
Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:39 am
eric offline

Lock Triggers Stopper Working

Either it was the Python 3 version or my new Mac but something happened and now lock triggers that have been working for awhile simply don't trigger.

Any suggestions as to what to try?

Is there a way to "reset" the relationship between a lock and its lock manager so they see each other as if new, without deleting everything and starting fresh?

The particular triggers that aren't working are when a door is unlocked by a particular user or when it's unlocked in general. Nothing gets reported to indigo.
It should also be noted that one of my locks (Yale) does not seem to be reporting battery level to indigo.

All regular lock functions still work – lock, unlock

Thanks

Posted on
Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:31 am
howartp offline

Re: Lock Triggers Stopper Working

Turn on debugging in the plugin config then do some test lock/unlocks.

The log should show any lock commands that the plugin is seeing, regardless of whether it's acting/triggering on them or not.

Let me know what you see/don't see in the log.

ps - is the log showing any Zwave activity for the lock itself - ie is it just the plugin that isn't working, or is Indigo not seeing the lock/unlock happening?

Peter

Posted on
Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:44 am
eric offline

Re: Lock Triggers Stopped Working

I unlocked one lock manually and this appeared in the log:

Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug Node ID 77 (Hex 77) found in lockIDs
Z-Wave Error encrypted command received from node ID 077 has invalid CBC-MAC value (ignoring)
Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug Node ID 77 (Hex 77) found in lockIDs

And then a second lock:

Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug Node ID 75 (Hex 75) found in lockIDs
Z-Wave Lock Manager Debug Node ID 75 (Hex 75) found in lockIDs
Z-Wave Error encrypted command received from node ID 075 has invalid CBC-MAC value (ignoring)

Locking either lock got me the "found" messages above but no error.

Posted on
Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:09 am
howartp offline

When you say “new Mac”, have you transferred your copy of Indigo, and stick, to a new Mac?

If so I’ll have to check with @Matt/@Jay whether the encryption key needs any handling.

Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:26 am
howartp offline

Can you try re-syncing one of the locks (still using encryption)?

That won’t break anything, but might fix that error.

Posted on
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:50 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

If re-syncing doesn't work, then exclude it, re-include (with encryption) and re-sync.

Posted on
Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:39 pm
eric offline

Thanks Matt and Peter.

I actually could not get any lock to sync at all. They errored out.

So I tried excluding and including one of the locks (with encryption) and synching, which all worked as expected,

But now whereas Indigo thinks it's connected to the locks and thinks it is locking and unlocking them, it does not actually turn the locks at all.

The log does not indicate any errors, but no lock function.

Also, no communications from the lock to Indigo when the lock is operated manually.

Thanks.

Eric

Posted on
Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:40 pm
howartp offline

Double checking that you had the Zwave stick in the Mac whilst you included with encryption - not took the stick to the lock?

Posted on
Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:29 pm
eric offline

Yes - I know that the only way to do the encrypted include is with the computer attached.

I bring the whole laptop to the lock!

But this seems like more of an Indigo / Z-wave thing than a lock manager thing I guess. My next thought is to start with the lock reset to factory settings unless you can think of anything else.

Eric

Posted on
Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:42 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Did you try the sync (and lock/unlock control) while the Mac was next to the lock? I'm surprised the inclusion worked but the sync didn't.

And can you copy/paste the Event Log results showing the inclusion, re-sync and control attempts?

Posted on
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:59 am
eric offline

Will do when I’m back at the location in a few days…

Yes, tried sync at close range and it didn’t work (timed out), but include and exclude worked (leaving the lock non-functional via Indigo, as above).

Thanks for your help!

Posted on
Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:27 am
eric offline

Just to follow up (and conclude) this issue, some persistence on the non-responsive locks (so far two of my eight) and repetition of the exclude/include seems to have solved this.

Things are working, but clearly i had to re-do all the locks since replacing the computer and it has nothing to do with ZWave Lock Manager.

Thanks!

Posted on
Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:06 pm
howartp offline

Thanks Eric.

Posted on
Wed May 17, 2023 9:58 pm
mclass offline

I have just experienced a similar, but different issue.

I had a trigger set up to turn on a light after dark if the lock was unlocked by "any code". This has worked OK prior to (I think) upgrade to the 2022.X.X versions of Indigo on OSX 10.13.6 (High Sierra) and using Zwave Lock Manager 3.0.66.

Whilst Lock Manager is correctly reporting operation of the lock and firing the trigger with the trigger set to trigger by "keypad unlocked by a specified code" (user 1):

Code: Select all
 Z-Wave                          received "Front Door Deadbolt (YRD210/220/240)" status update unlocked (via keypad)
   Z-Wave Lock Manager             Status: User 1 unlocked door [Node: 5]
   Trigger                         Passage Light - Front Door Lock - RHM

when the trigger is set to "any code", the lock operation is correctly reported, but the trigger fails to fire:

Z-Wave                          received "Garage Door Deadlock" status update unlocked (via keypad)
   Z-Wave Lock Manager             Status: User 13 unlocked door [Node: 13]

The trigger also fails to fire if the trigger is set to "Unlocked by Master Code":

Z-Wave                          received "Rear Door Deadbolt (YRD210/220/240)" status update unlocked (via keypad)
   Z-Wave Lock Manager             Status: User 251 unlocked door [Node: 15]

As I have three separate Yale YRD210/220/240 locks, each with their own individual triggers and all exhibiting the same behaviour, I suspect that the issue may be with Indigo and/or Lock Manager. I have re-synched the locks as suggested in previous posts.

Rather than have individual triggers for all users, I am seeking assistance in getting "Unlocked by Any Code" working again.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

mclass

Posted on
Thu May 18, 2023 4:15 am
howartp offline

Keep pestering me if I don’t come back to you.

I’ve no PC at the moment due to decorating and swapping bedroom/study around at home.