update: airfoil.isrunning() is returning false.

Posted on
Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:32 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: update: airfoil.isrunning() is returning false.

dz1rfj wrote:
Posting in this forum as well..Not sure if I did something, but I had airfoil working fine during the trial period. When I purchased the software and entered the registration key, I get the following error.

Please avoid posting on multiple threads (and sending duplicate emails) - I started working with you on another thread so let's keep it there. Please respond to my last post there.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:02 am
danielpervan offline

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but since I also had this problem I thought I should document the problem and how to solve it.

I'm not sure what caused it (perhaps some botched updater acting up), but I found that for some reason there were copies of a bunch of different versions of Airfoil located in ~/Library/Application Support/Airfoil/. Simply deleting them seems to have solved the problem for me.

Posted on
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:58 pm
automaton offline

I just upgraded to Indigo 6.1.10, and now am receiving the following event log messages:

Starting plugin "Airfoil 1.1.14" (pid 1871)
Started plugin "Airfoil 1.1.14"

Airfoil Error Update failed. Check to see if Airfoil is functioning correctly and that there is only a single copy of the application on your hard drive.
Airfoil Error update: airfoil.isrunning() is returning false. Check to see if Airfoil is functioning correctly and that there is only a single copy of the application on your hard drive.

I've searched for multiple copies of Airfoil and have found none. Has the behavior of the plugin changed? In older versions, I did not need Airfoil to be running at all times.

The log messages go away if I manually launch Airfoil, but startup again if I quit Airfoil. Running Airfoil 4.9.2.

Posted on
Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:39 pm
Korey offline

Pretty sure you have to have airfoil running or you will get that error. The plugin needs airfoil running to be able to control it.

--
Korey

Posted on
Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:34 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The plugin has always required Airfoil to be running or you'll get these errors.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:48 pm
gtreece offline

danielpervan wrote:
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but since I also had this problem I thought I should document the problem and how to solve it.

I'm not sure what caused it (perhaps some botched updater acting up), but I found that for some reason there were copies of a bunch of different versions of Airfoil located in ~/Library/Application Support/Airfoil/. Simply deleting them seems to have solved the problem for me.

I just experienced the problem documented in this thread after updating Indigo. When I looked, I also had old copies of Airfoil in this Library location. They went all the way back to when I first installed Airfoil, so I'm not sure what was different about this update to 6.1.11 that triggered it.

I also discovered that while that library location had Airfoil 5.1.2 in it, my application folder only had 5.1.1 in it, so perhaps something happened with my last update of Airfoil also.

When I cleared the old copies out, things went back to normal.

Posted on
Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:42 am
difficultrun offline

I'm also having a problem with Airfoil and getting the following message in the event log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 588, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 416, in update
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/appscript/reference.py", line 559, in isrunning
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/aem/aemconnect.py", line 130, in processexistsforpath
MacOSError: -43

Airfoil Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

I'm running:
Mac OS X 10.11.6
Airfoil 5.1.3
Indigo Pro 6.1.11

After reading the forum yesterday, I deleted multiple copies of Airfoil from the ~library folder. I believe I only have one instance of the application on my hard drive now.

Any suggestions or help?

Thanks.

Posted on
Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:25 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

That's an error coming from the python library we're using to communicate via Apple Events. I don't know what it means and, unfortunately that library is no longer supported (Indigo 7 will use a different/better communication mechanism with Airfoil).

Try rebooting to see if that clears the error.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:46 am
difficultrun offline

Thanks Jay. Rebooting did the trick.