update: airfoil.isrunning() is returning false.

Posted on
Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:29 am
OnnoH offline

update: airfoil.isrunning() is returning false.

Updated to 6.1.5 and getting the error message: update: airfoil.isrunning() is returning false.

Airfoil is running (4.9.2) on it's own (no other instances).
Plugin is 1.1.10.
OS X is 10.11.2

Am I missing something?

Posted on
Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: update: airfoil.isrunning() is returning false.

You likely have multiple copies of Airfoil on your hard drive. Look around and see if you can find any (maybe in the downloads folder).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:00 am
OnnoH offline

Spotlight says there's only one Airfoil.

When I enable the plugin and disconnect a speaker, the following error appears in the log:

Code: Select all
  Airfoil Error                   Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 168, in disconnectFromSpeaker
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: key ID-68A86D5CDE58 not found in dict

I did a 'Reset Speakers List' and I saw no speakers in the Event Log. A simple delete from the Airfoil app did not work. I used uApp to uninstall Airfoil and reinstalled and licensed it.

Now Indigo and Airfoil are connected again.

Posted on
Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:51 am
Redrocker offline

I too am having Airfoil issues with the 6.1.5 update. I searched my Indigo server and found only one copy of Airfoil on the hard drive. Here is the error that floods my log file if the plugin is enabled:

Airfoil Error update: airfoil.isrunning() is returning false. Check to see if Airfoil is functioning correctly and that there is only a single copy of the application on your hard drive.

I tried the solution above (uApp uninstall of Airfoil, reinstall and registered, with no luck). I have disabled the plugin until a solution is determined.

~Mark
Indigo 2021.2

Posted on
Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:24 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We are looking into these issues...

Posted on
Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:27 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Can one of you turn on debug logging and restart the plugin - let it run for a minute or two (it will generate lots of debug info), then disable debugging (or the plugin itself) and copy/paste the event log lines into a reply.

Uninstalling/reinstalling Airfoil won't help. However, Spotlight won't necessarily find all copies because it doesn't search everywhere on your disk or in some cases other volumes. In a terminal window, type this:

sudo find / -name "Airfoil.app" -print

and that should look everywhere.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:01 am
Redrocker offline

I ran the above command as requested, only one copy of Airfoil was found on the machine.

Here is the output of turning debugging on:

Jan 25, 2016, 8:56:52 AM
  Enabling plugin "Airfoil 1.1.10"
  Starting plugin "Airfoil 1.1.10" (pid 5682)
  Started plugin "Airfoil 1.1.10"
  Airfoil Error                   Update failed. Check to see if Airfoil is functioning correctly and that there is only a single copy of the application on your hard drive.
  Airfoil Error                   Update failed. Check to see if Airfoil is functioning correctly and that there is only a single copy of the application on your hard drive.
  Airfoil                         Turning on debug logging
  Airfoil Debug                   runConcurrentThread: update()
  Airfoil Debug                   update method called
  Airfoil Debug                   update: Airfoil is running
  Airfoil Debug                   update: application sources: [app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').application_sources.ID(0), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').application_sources.ID(1), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').application_sources.ID(2)]
  Airfoil Debug                   update: device sources: [app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').device_sources.ID(3), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').device_sources.ID(4), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').device_sources.ID(5), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').device_sources.ID(6), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').device_sources.ID(7)]
  Airfoil Debug                   update: system sources: [app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').system_sources.ID(8)]
  Airfoil Debug                   Current Source: k.missing_value
  Airfoil Debug                   Update failed with exception:
  File "plugin.py", line 462, in update
    theCurrentSourceId = self.airfoil.get(theCurrentSource.id)
AttributeError: 'Keyword' object has no attribute 'id'

Airfoil Debug                   update method called
  Airfoil Debug                   update: Airfoil is running
  Airfoil Debug                   update: application sources: [app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').application_sources.ID(0), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').application_sources.ID(1), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').application_sources.ID(2)]
  Airfoil Debug                   update: device sources: [app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').device_sources.ID(3), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').device_sources.ID(4), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').device_sources.ID(5), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').device_sources.ID(6), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').device_sources.ID(7)]
  Airfoil Debug                   update: system sources: [app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').system_sources.ID(8)]
  Airfoil Debug                   Current Source: k.missing_value
  Airfoil Debug                   Update failed with exception:

~Mark
Indigo 2021.2

Posted on
Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:58 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

What source do you have selected in Airfoil?

I'm pretty sure that's the issue. This release attempted to fix the problem where no source is selected, but I missed one scenario (I'll add it to the next release). However, selecting a source in the popup should clear the error.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:35 am
Redrocker offline

Ok, I don't know what I did, other than running Pandora and selecting some speakers, but now all the errors are gone. Switched debugging off, and all seems happy again.

Nevermind :)

~Mark
Indigo 2021.2

Posted on
Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:33 am
aderrington offline

Hi,

I'm also getting this issue,
OSX 10.10.5
Airfoil 5.0.1
Indigo 6.1.7

I enabled Debug and i've posted a section here..
Any advice would be most welcome

My daily setup is airfoil connected to an airplay speaker with the source being Spotify. I've tried changing the source, the output, various mixtures of them and i still get the same issue, I've used spotlight to see if any other versions of Airfoil were on the computer but nothing shows up.

Thanks!
Andrew

Airfoil Error Update failed. Check to see if Airfoil is functioning correctly and that there is only a single copy of the application on your hard drive.
Airfoil Debug Update failed with exception:
File "plugin.py", line 513, in update
newKnownSpeakers[speakerId] = (speakerName, connStr)
ValueError: IllegalParameterError -- illegal XML tag name character

Airfoil Debug runConcurrentThread: update()
Airfoil Debug update method called
Airfoil Debug update: Airfoil is running
Airfoil Debug update: application sources: [app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').application_sources.ID(0), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').application_sources.ID(1), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').application_sources.ID(2), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').application_sources.ID(3), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').application_sources.ID(4)]
Airfoil Debug update: device sources: [app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').device_sources.ID(5)]
Airfoil Debug update: system sources: [app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').system_sources.ID(6)]
Airfoil Debug Current Source: app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').application_sources.ID(0)
Airfoil Debug update: speakers: [app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').speakers.ID(u'com.rogueamoeba.airfoil.LocalSpeaker'), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').speakers.ID(u'fc-58-fa-89-55-a1:output'), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').speakers.ID(u'60F81DCA89F7@Macbook Pro 15'), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').speakers.ID(u'68A86D6366E6@Bathroom'), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').speakers.ID(u'881FA13DEE0E@Office')]
Airfoil Debug update: Computer (com.rogueamoeba.airfoil.LocalSpeaker) - Connected: 0
Airfoil Debug update: adding to newKnownSpeakers for id: ID-com.rogueamoeba.airfoil.LocalSpeaker value: (u'Computer', u'disconnected')
Airfoil Debug update: Anker A7910 (fc-58-fa-89-55-a1:output) - Connected: 0
Airfoil Debug update: adding to newKnownSpeakers for id: ID-fc-58-fa-89-55-a1:output value: (u'Anker A7910', u'disconnected')
Airfoil Error Update failed. Check to see if Airfoil is functioning correctly and that there is only a single copy of the application on your hard drive.

Posted on
Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:45 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Your problem is different than the OP. Your problem is related to the Airfoil 5 upgrade - did you add bluetooth speakers or speaker groups?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:01 am
aderrington offline

I did yes.
I recently added a Bluetooth speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:50 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm going to email you an updated plugin that may fix the bluetooth speaker issue. Let me know if it works for you.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:45 pm
dz1rfj offline

Hi,

Posting in this forum as well..Not sure if I did something, but I had airfoil working fine during the trial period. When I purchased the software and entered the registration key, I get the following error.

I did have multiple versions of airfoil on the hard drive, but the system did not seem to care before I registered. After seeing the errors, I removed all but one copy, no change.

I do not appear able to select an application form the 2nd drop down. I have CHROME, Safari, Pandora, Amazon Music, com.apple.speech.speechsysthesisd visible form the airfoil dropdown.

I did try 'CLEARING APPLICATIONS' from the airfoil menu, and re-added the above, and no change.

I would really appreciate any help getting this resolved.

THanks!

Brian

Thanks
-Brian

Posted on
Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:47 pm
dz1rfj offline

sorry, forgot the error:

Z-Wave received "CofeeMotion" status update is off
Airfoil Error update: airfoil.isrunning() is returning false. Check to see if Airfoil is functioning correctly and that there is only a single copy of the application on your hard drive.
Airfoil Error

Thanks
-Brian