console log error messages

Posted on
Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:53 am
kw123 offline

console log error messages

I get a million of these from the airfoil plugin in the console:

12/2/15 10:46:48.674 AM IndigoPluginHost[71200]: AppleEvents: Send port for process has no send right, port=( port:35415/0x8a57 rcv:1,send:0,d:0 limit:5) (findOrCreate()/AEMachUtils.cp #526) com.apple.root.default-qos.overcommit

and here the log file entries:

Code: Select all
Turning on debug logging
  Airfoil Debug                   runConcurrentThread: update()
  Airfoil Debug                   update method called
  Airfoil Debug                   update: Airfoil is running
  Airfoil Debug                   update: application sources: [app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').application_sources.ID(0), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').application_sources.ID(1), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').application_sources.ID(2)]
  Airfoil Debug                   update: device sources: []
  Airfoil Debug                   update: system sources: [app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').system_sources.ID(3)]
  Airfoil Debug                   update: speakers: [app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').speakers.ID(u'com.rogueamoeba.airfoil.LocalSpeaker'), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').speakers.ID(u'001F5B30E920@dad')]
  Airfoil Debug                   update: Computer (com.rogueamoeba.airfoil.LocalSpeaker) - Connected: 0
  Airfoil Debug                   update: adding to newKnownSpeakers for id: ID-com.rogueamoeba.airfoil.LocalSpeaker value: (u'Computer', u'disconnected')
  Airfoil Debug                   update: dad (001F5B30E920@dad) - Connected: 0
  Airfoil Debug                   update: adding to newKnownSpeakers for id: ID-001F5B30E920 value: (u'dad', u'disconnected')
  Airfoil Debug                   update: setting speakers pref to: Item : (dict)
     ID-001F5B30E920 : (list)
          Item : dad (string)
          Item : disconnected (string)
     ID-com.rogueamoeba.airfoil.LocalSpeaker : (list)
          Item : Computer (string)
          Item : disconnected (string)
  Airfoil Debug                   

running Yosemite 10.10.5 MAc mini 2014 w i7 , 16G Ram.

any suggestions?

Karl

Posted on
Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:56 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: console log error messages

It's been reported here before. It looks like an OS sandboxing issue of some kind. It's definitely not an error generated by us from the plugin host process or the airfoil plugin. It doesn't seem to be effecting the plugin though since you're getting sources and speakers.

I found another reference to this error, but no answers to his question either. We're using the appscript library in the plugin, which in turn uses the scripting bridge from Apple. This seems to be the common factor in the various reports I've seen, but they all seem to be working correctly despite the error.

I'm pretty sure it's coming from the appscript library. Unfortunately, that project is no longer being supported. The Airfoil plugin is heavily dependent on it (since there is no other interface to Airfoil other than AppleScript) so removing appscript would be a non-trivial effort.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1