AirFoil "Groups" - i.e. enable floor 1 only?

Posted on
Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:45 am
DrLove offline

AirFoil "Groups" - i.e. enable floor 1 only?

Hi!

I'm new to AirFoil, started using it today.
I tried to make an action to enable 2 or more speakers in one action but only the first speaker got enabled. When using the enable all function every one is enabled.
I want to do groups of speakers for different types of announcements. Is this possible?

Best regards, L

Love Kull (yes it's my name)
Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:59 am
howartp offline

Re: AirFoil "Groups" - i.e. enable floor 1 only?

Groups don't exist as a concept in Airfoil - you need to do what you said, turn them on one by one.

You can save a single state, by setting all floor_1 devices enabled then using the save state action (can't remember it's name) - but that's only for one given state, often your default state.

It's a while since I was playing with Airfoil, but I had problems with delays - I was playing voice commands but the speakers hadn't all turned on by the time the voice started. Can't recall details exactly, but I did use scripting to get better results.

Posted on
Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:58 pm
DrLove offline

Thanks!

Is there an alternative to AirFoil for announcing stuff to iPads? I allso have problems w/ Speaker App on my iPads, it looses connection all the time even when they are powered and on all the time :/

//L

Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:53 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

DrLove wrote:
I tried to make an action to enable 2 or more speakers in one action but only the first speaker got enabled.

You can enable multiple speakers - likely what happened is that your announcement happened before the second one got enabled. I recommend an action group with these actions:

• Save your current speaker state
  • Enable speaker 1
  • Enable speaker 2 (continue for each)
  • Speak your message, but with a delay (play around to find the optimal amount of time)
  • Restore your speaker state, but with an even longer delay so the message can finish speaking

It's all a matter of timing - try various delay settings until you get the optimal solution.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:54 pm
DrLove offline

Ok, I'll try that. But the delay is not always acceptable for my application :/
I really miss the possibility to send audio to clients from my homeseer days, but that's about it :)

//L

Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Page 1 of 1