Airfoil update broke the plugin?

Posted on
Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:05 am
JGTracy offline

Re: Airfoil update broke the plugin?

Broke again?

I updated to Airfoil 4.8.14 thinking it would take care of the few remaining issues of the 13d. Instead I got more problems.

Rogue Amoeba says I am the only one he is hearing about. I seem to have solved a few of the problems but the Indigo Plug-in for Airfoil doesn't seem to be able to connect with Airfoil at all with messages that Airfoil may not be running.

Some of the Indigo scheduled actions contained Server Open File actions that were files made up by Automator work flows with some Apple Script in the flow path. Those actions worked but any action for Airfoil did not run and just produced an error message in the log. I've converted some of my scheduled actions to be entirely work-flow files so I am limping along.

I followed these posts last January and downloaded the Airfoil plugin v1.1.8. Indigo now says I'm using v1.1.9 with Indigo 6.0.20

Since no-one else has complained, it must be something with just me. Why might the Airfoil plug-in not be able to see Airfoil?

Posted on
Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:14 am
palantir offline

Hi. I was also experiencing issues using the preview Airfoil version but after upgrading it, it now works just fine. I'lm running Airfoil plug-in v1.1.8 though. Have you tried that version to see if that would work, or rule out an Airfoil plug-in issue?

I'm assuming you are running both (Airfoil & Airfoil plug-in) on the same Mac?

Posted on
Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:01 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I just upgraded to 4.8.14 and it's working fine. The not running error often happens when you have multiple copies of the same application on your Mac.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:21 am
JGTracy offline

Thanks, Jay. The problem seems to be just me.
Strange... I might have fixed some things. Time will tell. I am still using 4.8.14 with plugin v1.1.9. (I haven't taken the time to switch back to v1.1.8 yet.) What version of the Airfoil plugin are you using?

One of the problems I was having was getting an error dialog notice that QuickTime could not run because another version of Quicktime was already running. Not true. There is only one version of QuickTime on the computer, and neither the Dock nor Activity monitor showed it running prior to an execution of the scheduled item. I was using script to switch the Airfoil source to QuickTime and changed to use the Airfoil plugin for that action.

While trying to fix the schedule item that plays an announcement via QuickTime, I noticed something strange.
Attachments
Change Source.jpg
Change Source.jpg (30.54 KiB) Viewed 3261 times

Posted on
Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:53 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

We get that application list directly from Airfoil. Does it show multiple copies of the QuickTime Player like that in it's source popup?

I'm using v1.1.9 of the plugin.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:02 am
JGTracy offline

No. The Airfoil pop-up only shows one selection for QuickTime.

Posted on
Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:09 am
DrLove offline

Hi.

I get:
ValueError: IllegalParameterError -- illegal XML tag name character

when trying to use the plugin (1.1.17), is this related to previous problems? Can't find 1.1.19 (or .18) , broken links.
I run AirFoil 4.8.14

My devices names does not contain any special characters that I know about, how about spaces?

EDIT: Updated Indigo to .21 and all is working again :) My bad...

Best regards, L

Love Kull (yes it's my name)
Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:33 pm
tornado offline

This is really fixed? I am getting the error
Code: Select all
 Airfoil Error                   Update failed. Check to see if Airfoil is functioning correctly.

I am running Indigo v 6.1.1 and Airfoil version 4.8.14 and Airfoil Plugin v. 1.1.9.

EDIT: Updated Indigo to .21 and all is working again :) My bad...

What did you update to .21?

Can someone confirm this setup works?

Posted on
Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:57 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The former poster was talking about Indigo v6.0.21.

I just confirmed that it's working on my system. Make sure you don't have multiple copies of the Airfoil app on your Mac. AppleScript gets really confused when there are multiple copies of the same app.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:10 pm
tornado offline

This was a brand new Mac/Install, no other copies on it. I just downloaded AirFoil to it for the first time yesterday.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Posted on
Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:40 am
tornado offline

Well, stopping and starting the plugin did it. I also opened and closed the Airfoil application as well a few times. Not sure which of those cleared it up but now it's working, FWIW.