Not discovering devices

Posted on
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:06 am
mikejandreau offline

Not discovering devices

I'm running the latest version of the plugin and ran into the same issue a lot of folks are having where the device "is not responding".

So I did the advice I found here (viewtopic.php?f=208&) and deleted all of my devices from the Alexa website, went into each emulated Hue hub and "Saved" my settings, then told Alexa to discover the devices.

It didn't find any.

I enabled debug logging, including logging discovery requests, but I see none in my logs. Here's a sample of my logs from my testing:

Code: Select all
Sep 16, 2019 at 7:59:42 AM
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Master Bedroom' updated and now has u13 Alexa Devices published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                HTTP server stopping...
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                HTTP server stopped
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Master Bedroom' has u13 Alexa Devices published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Master Bedroom' web server thread
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Master Bedroom' discovery thread as 'Auto Start Discovery' requested
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Master Bedroom' started: Host: 192.168.1.20 Port: 8516
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Outside' updated and now has one Alexa Device published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Outside' has one Alexa Device published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Outside' web server thread
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Outside' discovery thread as 'Auto Start Discovery' requested
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Outside' started: Host: 192.168.1.20 Port: 8517

Sep 16, 2019 at 8:00:21 AM
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Sam's Room' updated and now has u6 Alexa Devices published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Sam's Room' has u6 Alexa Devices published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Sam's Room' web server thread
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Sam's Room' discovery thread as 'Auto Start Discovery' requested
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Sam's Room' started: Host: 192.168.1.20 Port: 8518
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Plugin Host IP Address is discovered as: '192.168.1.20'
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa discovery request logging enabled
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Warning        Debugging enabled for Alexa-Hue Bridge: General, Server, Broadcaster, Responder, non-Echo Network Filter

Sep 16, 2019 at 8:02:53 AM
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'new device' updated and now has one Alexa Device published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'new device' has one Alexa Device published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'new device' web server thread
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'new device' discovery thread as 'Auto Start Discovery' requested
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge 'new device' started: Host: 192.168.1.20 Port: 8178

As you can see, I even tried adding a new Hue device with a device published to it, to see if Alexa picked that up and it doesn't.

As of right now, I have no Alexa published anything and my wife is in the other room yelling at Alexa because she thinks it's Alexa's fault and not mine.

Thoughts? Pointers? What should I try next?

Posted on
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:22 am
autolog offline

Re: Not discovering devices

If you have read through this forum thread Alexa no longer discovering Indigo installed/managed devices, you will see that the issue appears to be related to the type of Echo devices you are using and firmware levels. The new firmware 644580520 is causing a problem as it is failing to interact with the plugin.

What Echo devices are you using and what are their firmware levels?

Posted on
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:45 am
mikejandreau offline

Aha, I hadn't found that thread.

Looks like my Gen 2 are all running the problematic firmware. I'll follow along on that thread looking for an update.

Posted on
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:46 am
yassi offline

Ok, all my three Echos have the same problematic FW, so nothing to do at the moment.

Yassi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1