Posted on
Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:03 pm
Barnman offline

Alexa no longer discovering Indigo installed/managed devices

jdxs wrote:
Barnman wrote:
jdxs wrote:
Yep! Gen 1 device resolves the problem.
Just connect gen 1 device, Goto alexa.amazon.com then smart home then devices, forget all devices then discover.
If you are unable to find a cheap gen 1 device, Amazon has them for $70 for next day Prime delivery. They are classed as refurbished but appear to be brand new.
Jeff

The gen 1 echo plus does not work, I tried it, they are still getting updated. I’m assuming since it is a hub.

The one I purchased from Amazon is not the Plus.
The link is https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing ... guration=0.
It is working perfectly.
I am not sure what you mean by "they are still getting updated".
Does that mean that Amazon is progressively updating the firmware on all devices and the gen 1 will fail when that occurs.
Do we know if that is why the the gen 2 failed?
Is there evidence of that occurring?
The software version of my gen 1 is 597462620.
As one of my gen 3 devices also has this software version, I am assuming that it's firmware has been updated on instal.
But some other gen 3 devices have 645583520, 2785574276 so this does not suggest that there is a consistent auto upgrade occurring.
I don't see an option to prevent software updates.
If this is going to create problems, do you know of one?

But, to re-iterate, my system is working perfectly with the gen 1 device now installed so this additional info is mainly to provide info to anyone either looking for a resolution or working on the cause of the problem.

Jeff

Correct the the gen one I received looks identical to what you posted, it has the new software the 645 installed and would not work. If you read through this whole thread, we discovered it is the updated devices are were the failure comes from. When my gen 2 device got updated the system went down. I installed a gen 2 device that I hadn’t used in awhile, and that worked for a week and then it got updated so the system went down again. I ordered this gen 1 echo
Certified Refurbished Echo Plus (1st Gen) with built-in Hub - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XP7FC78/re ... HDbNQMXV1F
And unfortunately it came in with software that was updated similar number to all the devices software levels that have failed.

So if your device is the same as the one I posted, which it looks to be, it may just be a matter of time until it updates and goes back down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:29 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Alexa no longer discovering Indigo installed/managed dev

Barnman wrote:
So if your device is the same as the one I posted, which it looks to be, it may just be a matter of time until it updates and goes back down.

AFAIK, the gen 1 Echo (I have one) and Echo Plus look identical - not sure if there's any way to tell them apart except maybe by looking at the fine print on the bottom.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:01 pm
Barnman offline

Very happy news for me! Just got my gen 1 echo dot in today, and I am back up and running again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:11 am
autolog offline

Barnman wrote:
Very happy news for me! Just got my gen 1 echo dot in today, and I am back up and running again!

That's good news - glad it is all working for you again. :D

Posted on
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:29 am
jens offline

Alexa no longer discovering Indigo installed/managed devices

Som one knows whats the problem???

//jens

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:55 am
BigDaddyNC offline

Just ordered a Gen 1 Echo Dot to see if it will get me through this.

Fortunately, I'm not totally disabled as I have my SmartThings Hub communicating with Indigo via REST services. A couple of years ago I wrote some drivers for dimmers and on/off lights to send commands to Indigo, and then I wrote a small SmartApp that senses device state changes and sends an update to SmarthThings.

It isn't perfect, but it allows me to control my lights with Alexa. The biggest problem is the latency. When the Hue Bridge is working, response is nearly instantaneous. Without it, SmartThings is taking somewhere between 5 and 30 seconds to execute my commands.

Still, it works for now.

Posted on
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:03 pm
autolog offline

jens wrote:
Som one knows whats the problem???

The first part of the error is correct about the UPNP port being in use.

The second error is a bug in the plugin :oops: - the plugin was trying to output a message that says:
Open a terminal window and type 'sudo lsof -I : 1900' to see a list of processes that have bound to that port and quit those applications.

I will fix the bug in due course. :)

EDIT: Having looked at the code again, I have amended and corrected my answer. :wink:

Posted on
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:10 pm
jens offline

Thanks now working, :D

Posted on
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:37 pm
jgb offline

Bought a Gen 1 device from eBay for $15 (SW ver 645584020). Set it up with the Alexa app. Deleted all devices from alexa.amazon.com. Asked the dot to discover devices. All were discovered and the voice commands worked on other echo devices too. Unplugged the Gen 1 dot to move it to another location - now nothing works. Have done all the usual stuff multiple times: removed the dot from my amazon account, set up again, turned indigo off and on, reloaded the plugin, removed all devices, established new devices, and so on. Asked the dot to discover devices - nothing...............

Posted on
Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:37 am
autolog offline

jens wrote:
Thanks now working, :D

I have have uploaded a correction to the Plugin Store: Version 3.0.35 :)

Posted on
Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:42 am
autolog offline

jgb wrote:
Bought a Gen 1 device from eBay for $15 (SW ver 645584020). Set it up with the Alexa app. Deleted all devices from alexa.amazon.com. Asked the dot to discover devices. All were discovered and the voice commands worked on other echo devices too. Unplugged the Gen 1 dot to move it to another location - now nothing works. Have done all the usual stuff multiple times: removed the dot from my amazon account, set up again, turned indigo off and on, reloaded the plugin, removed all devices, established new devices, and so on. Asked the dot to discover devices - nothing...............

Firmware version 645584020 is the problematic update. :|

Are you sure it is a Gen 1 dot i.e. it has a rotatable ring on the top for adjusting volume. If it has 4 buttons (including + and -) it is a Gen 2.

When did you check the firmware version - when it was working or after you moved it?
Maybe the firmware has just updated.

Otherwise, I am puzzled and surprised as to how you got it working. :?

Posted on
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:35 am
jgb offline

Ah, you're right, it is a gen 2, didn't know the difference as I'd never seen a gen 1. Thank you for that. Should have paid more attention and it was late. I checked the firmware before and after I moved it, no change.

I'm puzzled too!

Posted on
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:57 pm
vetsen offline

Is anyone working on the real solution? I don't think buying an outdated Echo Dot is a good solution to this problem. When will Indigo add native support for Amazon Alexa, Google home and Apple Homekit? Without this integration indigo is dead.

-S

Posted on
Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:43 pm
samafunk offline

Following everyone's troubleshooting steps, I was able to get mine working (for now), by unplugging all of my Echo devices, except for my Echo Tap, and then told Alexa to discover devices.

It has worked for a couple of days, crossing my fingers there won't be a firmware update pushed to the Tap, or another discover initiated by my newer Echo devices!

Posted on
Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:06 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

vetsen wrote:
Is anyone working on the real solution? I don't think buying an outdated Echo Dot is a good solution to this problem. When will Indigo add native support for Amazon Alexa, Google home and Apple Homekit? Without this integration indigo is dead.

viewtopic.php?p=181697#p181697

Note: Apple still doesn't allow software HomeKit bridges to products like Indigo, so there's nothing we can do to integrate HomeKit directly until Apple changes that policy.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 12 of 24 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 24