All Devices not responding

Posted on
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:10 am
mikejandreau offline

All Devices not responding

Everything had been working fine for a while and all of a sudden, all of my devices are saying they're not responding.

I upgraded to 3.* this morning and in the past if this happened, restarting the plugin always fixed it.

Here's the log when I restart the plugin:
Code: Select all
Apr 3, 2019 at 8:06:19 AM
   Reloading plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.30"
   Stopping plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.30" (pid 49897)
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge shutdown requested
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                HTTP server stopping...
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                HTTP server stopped
   Stopped plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.30"
   Starting plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.30" (pid 50330)
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge initialising . . .
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Plugin Host IP Address is discovered as: '192.168.1.20'
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa discovery request logging enabled
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                No debugging requested
   Started plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.30"
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge initialization complete
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Downstairs' has u18 Alexa Devices published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Downstairs' web server thread
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Downstairs' discovery thread as 'Auto Start Discovery' requested
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Downstairs' started: Host: 192.168.1.20 Port: 8200
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Master Bedroom' has u13 Alexa Devices published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Master Bedroom' web server thread
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Master Bedroom' discovery thread as 'Auto Start Discovery' requested
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Master Bedroom' started: Host: 192.168.1.20 Port: 8201
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Outside' has one Alexa Device published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Outside' web server thread
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Outside' discovery thread as 'Auto Start Discovery' requested
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Outside' started: Host: 192.168.1.20 Port: 8202
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Sam's Room' has u5 Alexa Devices published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Sam's Room' web server thread
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Sam's Room' discovery thread as 'Auto Start Discovery' requested
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Sam's Room' started: Host: 192.168.1.20 Port: 8203
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge checking network access by attempting to access 'www.google.com'
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge network access check to www.google.com successfully completed.

Some notes:
    Sometimes Homebridge says the same thing, but seems to fix itself.
    The Indigo app works just fine.
    The Home app on iOS and Mac OS works fine.
    I removed and re-added the device I was testing with, to no avail.
    I turned off Ethernet on my host Mac and made sure my Echo Dots weren't on a guest wireless network

There are no errors in Indigo at all when I try to summon a device through an Echo Dot at all, so I'm not sure how/what to troubleshoot. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted on
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:27 am
autolog offline

Re: All Devices not responding

Are / were you running wired (ethernet) and Wi-Fi at the same time on your Indigo Server mac? You said you turned off ethernet, so I assume you are running Wi-Fi. I would normally recommend the opposite - using ethernet and turning off Wi-Fi. Sometimes Wi-Fi can be problematic.

I see you are running the pre-release. I am as well and my system is working fine, so I don't think it has anything to do with the minor changes made since the official published release. Again, I would recommend sticking to the published release rather than using a pre-release version, especially if the changes won't give you any benefit which they won't in this case as you have an existing install.

Did you do anything to your network just before it stopped working?

Posted on
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:34 am
mikejandreau offline

I was never running ethernet, though I saw someone in another thread say that having both connections active could be problematic. So I turned off my ethernet, as a precaution.

Nothing has changed with my network in a long time, and I don't think I'd upgraded any of the plugins or anything recently.

I only upgraded to the 3.* version when the 2.* version I had stopped working in a sort of "maybe the old version broke".

Posted on
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:52 am
autolog offline

OK - Just so that I understand this correctly: You were running version 2 and have just upgraded to version 3 :?:

If so did you follow the instructions in the Wiki (documentation link in the Indigo Plugin Store) for a new install. Specifically, this point:
Now the next important part, use the Alexa Desktop (not iOS App) to forget all devices and then do a discovery which is best done by asking Alexa to 'Discover Devices'. If all goes to plan your devices will be discovered and your V2 definitions will have been converted to V3.

Posted on
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:54 am
mikejandreau offline

I did that.

And, with no further changes since posting, the light in my office that I've been testing with all morning just started working by itself.

My wife came in and asked why the light was on, so I jokingly told Alexa to turn it off and it worked. :shrug:

Posted on
Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:41 am
autolog offline

Thanks for the update - glad you have got it working. :)

Page 1 of 1