Help Request with Plug-In Setup!

Posted on
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:25 pm
WalterCoots offline

Help Request with Plug-In Setup!

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for the great documentation on GitHub. I've spent the past few hours trying to configure, and I think I'm close.

• I’m running Indigo 7.1.1, but the machine is on 10.7.5 (the latest that machine can run). I wonder if the OS may be an issue.
  • The IP address of the machine running Indigo is 192.168.2.251. I’ve entered this into the Override Host IP address setting just in case it could help.
  • The IP address of the Amazon Echo is 192.168.2.205. Under the “Model” menu in the device settings for the Alexia-Hue Bridge, I’ve selected Amazon Echo Device and pasted this in.
  • Under the “Model” menu, I’ve also selected “Emulated Hue Bridge [Devices]” and added devices which are associated with Insteon devices in Indigo.
  • To double check, I’ve used Terminal and verified there are no other UPNP services running.

So when I try saying “Alexa, Discover Devices”, the Echo searches and doesn’t find any. I see no log messages in Indigo indicating that it’s being hit up for information. I’ve also tried using the Alexa app with the same results. I am noticing some errors which say the IP address is incorrect, but I’ve retrieved this directly from the router and am pretty certain it’s the Echo. There's also a thing in the device listing that says "no ack", which strikes me as weird. This goes away when I turn on discovery. Here’s what I’m seeing. (Note I’ve enabled ALL the logging.)

Code: Select all

Sep 25, 2018 10:16:39 PM
   Reloading plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.29"
   Stopping plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.29" (pid 29249)
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge shutdown requested
   Stopped plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.29"
   Starting plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.29" (pid 29311)
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge initialising . . .
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Plugin Host IP Address overridden and specified as: '192.168.2.251'
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa discovery request logging enabled
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Warning        Debugging enabled for Alexa-Hue Bridge: General, Server, Broadcaster, Responder, non-Echo Network Filter, Method Trace
   Started plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.29"
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge initialization complete
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Hue Bridge' at address 192.168.2.205 either has an invalid address or invalid port 8178 - specify in Device Config
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          Error in plugin execution ServerReplacedElem:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 1165, in deviceUpdated
  File "plugin.py", line 562, in didDeviceCommPropertyChange
KeyError: ('forceDeviceStopStart',)

Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge checking network access by attempting to access 'www.google.com'
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge network access check to www.google.com successfully completed.

Sep 25, 2018 10:22:00 PM
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                sent "Hue Bridge" Discovery on
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          StandardError detected in Broadcaster.Init for 'Hue Bridge'. Line '79' has error=''port''
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          StandardError detected in Broadcaster.Run for 'Hue Bridge'. Line '91' has error=''discoveryExpiration''
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          StandardError detected in Responder.Init for 'Hue Bridge'. Line '132' has error=''port''
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          StandardError detected in Responder.Run for 'Hue Bridge'. Line '150' has error=''discoveryExpiration''
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Hue Bridge' discovery threads as 'Turn On Discovery' requested
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          Error in plugin execution ServerReplacedElem:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 1165, in deviceUpdated
  File "plugin.py", line 562, in didDeviceCommPropertyChange
KeyError: ('forceDeviceStopStart',)

Sep 25, 2018 10:22:52 PM
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Hue Bridge' updated and now has u5 Alexa Devices published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Hue Bridge' at address 192.168.2.205 either has an invalid address or invalid port 8179 - specify in Device Config
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                sent "Hue Bridge" Discovery on
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          StandardError detected in Broadcaster.Init for 'Hue Bridge'. Line '79' has error=''port''
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          StandardError detected in Broadcaster.Run for 'Hue Bridge'. Line '92' has error=''Broadcaster' object has no attribute 'broadcast_packet''
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          StandardError detected in Responder.Init for 'Hue Bridge'. Line '132' has error=''port''
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Hue Bridge' discovery threads as 'Turn On Discovery' requested

Sep 25, 2018 10:23:22 PM
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          StandardError detected in Responder.Run for 'Hue Bridge'. Line '177' has error=''Responder' object has no attribute 'response_packet''

Posted on
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:41 am
autolog offline

Re: Help Request with Plug-In Setup!

I don't think you have set it up correctly. :?

In the first instance, You should setup only one Alexa Hue Bridge.

Once you have defined this bridge device, you should Edit... the bridge device and then Edit Device Settings... to get the dialogue to display where you can then add in your Insteon devices that you want to control.

Your Insteon devices shouldn't be added as Alexa-Hue Bridges.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted on
Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:18 pm
WalterCoots offline

Thanks for the response! Sorry if I was unclear – there's only one Alexa Hue Bridge device set up in Indigo. In the configuration for that device, I added Insteon actions and devices. Is this correct?

Posted on
Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:04 pm
WalterCoots offline

Anyone? :0

Posted on
Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:09 pm
Webheadfred offline

Were you ever able to get this working? I have a new Echo 2 Gen Plus. I have not been able to get the Echo to recognize a device via a Hue broadcast.

iMac 12,2 32gb ram 1tb SSD
Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5
Various Z-Wave devices

Posted on
Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:12 pm
WalterCoots offline

I also have not been able to get it to work. I believe I’m out of ways to troubleshoot on my own without further guidance, unfortunately.

Posted on
Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:43 pm
neilk offline

Walter, what model of Echo do you have?

This https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=208&t=20108 details that you need a first generation echo, or echo dot gen1 or gen 2.

Posted on
Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:48 am
WalterCoots offline

Ah! That may be part of the problem. The Echo I was previously trying on is gen 2, so that would explain why it wasn’t connecting. However, I do have two other Echo Dots in the house, both gen 2, so they should work, correct?

I’ve tried initiating discovery from one of the Echo Dots, and it didn’t work, but I at least see this error, so perhaps that’s something? Would I need to disconnect the Amazon Echo for discovery to work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:23 am
mvignola29 offline

Alexa Setup

[size=100][size=150]Is it possible have a Insteon outlet switch turn on using Alexa? I have attached to this insteon switch is a Sonos control amp that would begin to play the music source that is selected.
Not sure which plugin I would need to use and setup

Any info is greatly appreciated
[/size][/size]

Posted on
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:35 am
gt3mike offline

Alexa works directly with Sonos.

Also there is a Sonos plugin for Indigo.

I don't think you need the Insteon switch unless you are concerned about the power draw from the Sonos amp when it is off.

Posted on
Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:42 am
mvignola29 offline

Yes that is my concerns is not to leave the amplifier turn on which could be for a few days

Page 1 of 1