Discovery repeats every 15 minutes even though I have it off

Posted on
Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:41 pm
katiaf offline

Discovery repeats every 15 minutes even though I have it off

Reviewing my Indigo logs I noticed that Discovery for Alexa devices is running every 15 minutes, even though I have discovery turned off. I think this may be interfering with some of my insteon traffic.

Interestingly, the discovery seems to be triggered by an Alexa device? The log states "Alexa Hue Bridge 2' responding to Alexa discovery from XXX.XXX.XXX", where the Xs are the ip address of one my echo dots. This happens for all 5 of my Hub bridges, even though all of their discoveries are turned off. I thought something might be wrong with the device triggering the discovery, so I reset it. However, the discovery happened again, every 15 minutes, this time triggered by a different echo dot.

Anybody else has noticed this or can check their logs? Could this be something related to a change in the Alexa software? Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on
Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:14 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Discovery repeats every 15 minutes even though I have it

First, I don't see how this can have any impact on Insteon - what makes you think it does?

@autolog, since you implemented the bridge devices can you address the other questions?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:38 pm
autolog offline

Off the top of my head, I don't know why this would be happening. :?

As a first step, have you tried reloading the plugin to see if that clears it? If not, that would be worth trying.

AFAIK the plugin terminates the device's discovery thread when discovery is turned off for a device.

How many Echo devices are you running and what type/gen are they?
Also how many Alexa-Hue Bridge devices have you got defined?

Posted on
Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:46 pm
brlandy offline

Hi, I have been seeing this same behavior for a few months now. I'm wondering if you ever got anywhere tracking this down?

Thank you,
Brian

Page 1 of 1