Alexa-Hue Indigo devices not available for Routines

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:45 pm
gt3mike offline

Alexa-Hue Indigo devices not available for Routines

I've gotten the Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.23 installed and configured (new setup) and have successfully associated an Indigo Device and also an Indigo Action Group with it. Both were successfully discovered and can individually be turned on and off using the "Alexa turn on/off ______" syntax. Very exciting!

My next step was to create a Routine using the Alexa app so that I could enable a simpler command. But neither of the Alexa-Hue Bridge devices are showing up for inclusion in the new Routine. They show up in the main Smart Home section, but not under Routines.

Is this a known issue? I searched for it and didn't find anything, but I could have missed it.

Thanks,
Mike

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:52 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Alexa-Hue Indigo devices not available for Routines

Just to confirm, you go to Routines, create or select one of the routines they have available, then Add Action, then Smart Home and your devices are not listed there under smart home? Maybe it needs time to sync back and forth to the web, you may also want to force quit and restart your Alexa app to see if that does it.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:59 pm
gt3mike offline

Yes, exactly. I tried killing the iOS app, and that didn't help. But I didn't try waiting. I'll give it some time and see what happens.

Oddly though, as I mentioned, the devices DO show up in the iOS app if I navigate to Smart Home directly from the top menu.

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:10 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

gt3mike wrote:
Oddly though, as I mentioned, the devices DO show up in the iOS app if I navigate to Smart Home directly from the top menu.

Hmmm. I know my devices show there instantly. Maybe your app is out of date.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:16 pm
gt3mike offline

Now they are in the list. There was either a delay, or else I needed to drag-to-refresh the Routine list (or both). Working properly now.

Page 1 of 1