Error Message

Posted on
Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:26 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Error Message

I was adding a few devices to one of my five Alexa Hubs and it went OK for a moment and then barfed out some errors.

Code: Select all
Dec 21, 2017 at 2:19:46 PM
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Alexa Hub (Rooms)' updated and now has 9 Alexa Devices published

Dec 21, 2017 at 2:20:19 PM
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          getHueDeviceJSON exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Alexa-Hue Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/hue_listener.py", line 303, in getHueDeviceJSON
    alexaDeviceNameKey = PLUGIN.globals['alexaHueBridge'][ahbDevId]['hashKeys'][alexaDeviceHashedKey]
KeyError: '349a55b16a1e2034edd3bfedbef54e82ba37b515c09f209cea7816859a3db77c'

Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          StandardError detected in HttpdRequestHandler for 'Alexa Hub (Upstairs)'. Line '154' has error='must be string or buffer, not None'
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Alexa-Hue Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/hue_listener.py", line 303, in getHueDeviceJSON
    alexaDeviceNameKey = PLUGIN.globals['alexaHueBridge'][ahbDevId]['hashKeys'][alexaDeviceHashedKey]
KeyError: '27808b2cd97ec60300a4b89c4c41772ed3f7fb2ee9a1a513a5a74ba24c83e2b6'

Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          StandardError detected in HttpdRequestHandler for 'Alexa Hub (Upstairs)'. Line '154' has error='must be string or buffer, not None'
KeyError: '2026db2ab953dd9d6a423f6e584963a7841ae647c4ca26be5e92948a40425e15'

I restarted the Alexa plugin to see if that would fix it and then went to my Alexa site to discover my new devices and:

Dec 21, 2017 at 2:22:11 PM
   Reloading plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.20"
   Stopping plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.20" (pid 422)
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge shutdown requested
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                HTTP server stopping...
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                HTTP server stopped
   Stopped plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.20"
   Starting plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.20" (pid 21150)
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge initialising . . .
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Plugin Host IP Address is discovered as: '10.1.200.3'
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa discovery request logging enabled
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                No debugging requested
   Started plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.20"
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge initialization complete
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Alexa Hub (Admin)' has 8 Alexa Devices published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Admin)' web server thread
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Admin)' discovery thread as 'Auto Start Discovery' requested
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Admin)' started: Host: 10.1.200.3 Port: 8186
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Alexa Hub (Basement)' has 10 Alexa Devices published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Basement)' web server thread
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Basement)' discovery thread as 'Auto Start Discovery' requested
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Basement)' started: Host: 10.1.200.3 Port: 8185
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Alexa Hub (Rooms)' has 9 Alexa Devices published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Rooms)' web server thread
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Rooms)' discovery thread as 'Auto Start Discovery' requested
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Rooms)' started: Host: 10.1.200.3 Port: 8183
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Alexa Hub (Upstairs)' has 20 Alexa Devices published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Upstairs)' web server thread
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Upstairs)' discovery thread as 'Auto Start Discovery' requested
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Upstairs)' started: Host: 10.1.200.3 Port: 8184
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge checking network access by attempting to access 'www.google.com'
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge network access check to www.google.com successfully completed.

Dec 21, 2017 at 2:22:44 PM
KeyError: '349a55b16a1e2034edd3bfedbef54e82ba37b515c09f209cea7816859a3db77c'

KeyError: '27808b2cd97ec60300a4b89c4c41772ed3f7fb2ee9a1a513a5a74ba24c83e2b6'

KeyError: '2026db2ab953dd9d6a423f6e584963a7841ae647c4ca26be5e92948a40425e15'

Now all my new devices got discovered but the message keeps complaining. I can see from the messages that it's the Upstairs, which is my most populated server, but I don't see any problems with it. I opened up the config and saved it again in case there was something amok.

Things are working, I believe, but wanted to put this up there so you could diagnose any error trapping issues that might be occurring.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:21 am
autolog offline

Re: Error Message

Obviously the plugin should handle this situation. :wink:

Have you moved any devices from one Alexa-Hue Bridge to another or changed ports (maybe as a result of your earlier issues)?

What I think this error is indicating is that Alexa knows of a device e.g. "upstairs light" and has a hash-key associated with it (the reference it will send to Indigo). It is sending it on a specific i.e. port 8183 and the device was originally on say port 8182. This could cause the error.

Doing an Alexa "discover devices" won't resolve this. You have to access Alexa via a browser i.e log into alexa.amazon.com and forget all devices and then discover them again.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue?

It is not very user friendly at the moment but you can find out which device has the error hash key by doing an Edit Device Settings... and selecting each Allocated Alexa Name and the Indigo Hash Key will be revealed. So you can keep selecting until the hash key comes up and then you will see which Alexa-Hue Bridge it is assigned to.

Let me know if this is the issue, if not I will dig deeper.

I will look at trapping this issue and putting out a more helpful message i.e. it should be possible to identify which Alexa-Hue Bridge the device should be on. :)

Posted on
Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:06 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

autolog wrote:
Have you moved any devices from one Alexa-Hue Bridge to another or changed ports (maybe as a result of your earlier issues)?

I didn't move anything around but I did change the ports to Auto - however it's bizarre that it only reports an error on the one bridge rather than them all if the port is the cause.

autolog wrote:
You have to access Alexa via a browser i.e log into alexa.amazon.com and forget all devices and then discover them again.

Blah! I'll see if that changes anything since I have a few more devices to add now anyway.
autolog wrote:
you can find out which device has the error hash key by doing an Edit Device Settings... and selecting each Allocated Alexa Name and the Indigo Hash Key will be revealed. So you can keep selecting until the hash key comes up and then you will see which Alexa-Hue Bridge it is assigned to.

For that many devices and bridges? I'll probably just whip together a quick script to break down the JSON stored in the settings and find the key :)

autolog wrote:
I will look at trapping this issue and putting out a more helpful message

That's what I've been doing all week in HBB so I feel the pain.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:00 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Just wanted to update on this situation as it happened again. I removed a device from one of the servers and added a replacement device, this sent the plugin into a tizzy, when I tried to discover the new device on the Alexa site it wouldn't find it and I was getting errors so I restarted the plugin and suddenly all the ports were no good again so I went into each server and deleted the port number and it stopped complaining but Alexa still couldn't discover until after I restarted the app.

I was able to work around it, so more of an FYI for buglets. I am on the latest plugin release.

KeyError: '843c743e599d0397f18102a3ecb344c57194ed070d3cc5cdb87e37dfff5c4467'

Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          StandardError detected in HttpdRequestHandler for 'Alexa Hub (Rooms)'. Line '154' has error='must be string or buffer, not None'

Started plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.20"
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Alexa Hub (Admin)' has 9 Alexa Devices published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Admin)' web server thread
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Admin)' discovery thread as 'Auto Start Discovery' requested
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Admin)' unable to access HTTP port 8186 as already in use - waiting 15 seconds to try again (will retry 3 more times)
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Admin)' started: Host: 10.1.200.3 Port: 8186
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Alexa Hub (Basement)' has 10 Alexa Devices published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Basement)' web server thread
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Basement)' unable to access HTTP port 8185 as already in use - waiting 15 seconds to try again (will retry 3 more times)
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Basement)' discovery thread as 'Auto Start Discovery' requested
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Basement)' started: Host: 10.1.200.3 Port: 8185
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Alexa Hub (Rooms)' has 13 Alexa Devices published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Rooms)' web server thread
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Rooms)' unable to access HTTP port 8183 as already in use - waiting 15 seconds to try again (will retry 3 more times)
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Rooms)' discovery thread as 'Auto Start Discovery' requested
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Rooms)' started: Host: 10.1.200.3 Port: 8183
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Alexa Hub (Upstairs)' has 20 Alexa Devices published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Upstairs)' web server thread
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Upstairs)' unable to access HTTP port 8184 as already in use - waiting 15 seconds to try again (will retry 3 more times)
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Upstairs)' discovery thread as 'Auto Start Discovery' requested
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Upstairs)' started: Host: 10.1.200.3 Port: 8184
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge checking network access by attempting to access 'www.google.com'
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge network access check to www.google.com successfully completed.
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge checking for Plugin update
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Checking for updates...
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                No updates are available

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:05 pm
autolog offline

Thanks for the report :)

I have had this port issue on several occasions. The odd thing is that when I use terminal to find out what is using the port, nothing is AFAICS. :?

I have tried debugging this without much success so far. :|

I have a new almost version ready to release. This will give more visibility on which Echo is interacting with the plugin (it is not necessarily the Echo you issue the command to).

Also, to support Alexa Routines a bit better, I have added a feature that can force a dim command (as potentially sent by an Alexa Routine) to be treated as On or Off (i.e. dim = 0 is Off and Dim > 0 is On).

I have tried Wire Sharking (with limited success) to try and look at the difference between a Gen 1 and Gen 2 Echo. Looking at some other Github threads I suspect it might be a timing problem that is causing the issue as well as the use of Port 80. :)

Posted on
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:16 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

You could always take the porting field out or hide it and then just auto generate the port on creation or when you trap the exception.

On a totally unrelated note, how hard would it be to recognize that a given light is RGBW and pass it to Alexa so the colors can be commanded? I know you can do colors with Alexa as I can with the native hue bulbs, just didn't know if it's something you can add on your end to pass it through.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:03 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

It seems the more servers I add the longer it takes to get them working. I added another bridge today and it again said all ports in use, so I changed all ports to nothing to regenerate and then all ports in use, then I changed them all and then all ports in use..... there seems to be a pattern. After disabling the plugin for a few minutes and re-enabling it everything worked.

tarted plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.23"
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Alexa Hub (Admin)' has 9 Alexa Devices published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Admin)' unable to access HTTP port 8183 as already in use - waiting 15 seconds to try again (will retry 3 more times)
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Admin)' started: Host: 10.1.200.3 Port: 8183
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Basement)' unable to access HTTP port 8184 as already in use - waiting 15 seconds to try again (will retry 3 more times)
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Basement)' started: Host: 10.1.200.3 Port: 8184
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Alexa Hub (Rooms)' has 13 Alexa Devices published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Rooms)' unable to access HTTP port 8185 as already in use - waiting 15 seconds to try again (will retry 3 more times)
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Rooms)' started: Host: 10.1.200.3 Port: 8185
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                'Alexa Hub (Upstairs 2)' has 2 Alexa Devices published
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Upstairs 2)' web server thread
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Upstairs 2)' unable to access HTTP port 8186 as already in use - waiting 15 seconds to try again (will retry 3 more times)
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Starting Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Upstairs 2)' discovery thread as 'Auto Start Discovery' requested
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Upstairs 2)' started: Host: 10.1.200.3 Port: 8186
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Upstairs)' unable to access HTTP port 8187 as already in use - waiting 15 seconds to try again (will retry 3 more times)
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Alexa Hub (Upstairs)' started: Host: 10.1.200.3 Port: 8187
   Schedule                        Bedroom Motion Sensor Auto Off
   Z-Wave                          updated "Fibaro Master Bedroom Motion Sensor" to off
   Z-Wave                          updated "Fibaro Master Bedroom Motion Sensor" to off
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge checking for Plugin update
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Checking for updates...
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                No updates are available
   Alexa-Hue Bridge                Alexa-Hue Bridge next update check scheduled for: Sunday, 2018-Feb-04 at 12:01
   Z-Wave                          received "Fibaro Master Bedroom Motion Sensor" status update is on
   Trigger                         Bedroom Motion - Auto Off
   EPS - Homebridge Buddy Error    Exception in plugin.homebridgeForceUpdate line 2067: HTTPConnectionPool(host='127.0.0.1', port=8445): Max retries exceeded with url: /devices/32019595 (Caused by NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x112fcb650>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 61] Connection refused',))
                      CODE: r = requests.get(url, data=payload)

Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Admin)' trying again to access HTTP port 8183 [attempt 1]
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Admin)' unable to access HTTP port 8183 as already in use - waiting 15 seconds to try again (will retry 2 more times)
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Basement)' trying again to access HTTP port 8184 [attempt 1]
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Basement)' unable to access HTTP port 8184 as already in use - waiting 15 seconds to try again (will retry 2 more times)
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Rooms)' trying again to access HTTP port 8185 [attempt 1]
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Rooms)' unable to access HTTP port 8185 as already in use - waiting 15 seconds to try again (will retry 2 more times)
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Upstairs 2)' trying again to access HTTP port 8186 [attempt 1]
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Upstairs)' trying again to access HTTP port 8187 [attempt 1]
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Upstairs)' unable to access HTTP port 8187 as already in use - waiting 15 seconds to try again (will retry 2 more times)

Feb 3, 2018 at 12:01:28 PM
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Admin)' trying again to access HTTP port 8183 [attempt 2]
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Admin)' unable to access HTTP port 8183 as already in use - waiting 15 seconds to try again (will retry 1 more times)
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Basement)' trying again to access HTTP port 8184 [attempt 2]
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Basement)' unable to access HTTP port 8184 as already in use - waiting 15 seconds to try again (will retry 1 more times)
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Rooms)' trying again to access HTTP port 8185 [attempt 2]
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Rooms)' unable to access HTTP port 8185 as already in use - waiting 15 seconds to try again (will retry 1 more times)
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Upstairs)' trying again to access HTTP port 8187 [attempt 2]
   Alexa-Hue Bridge Error          'Alexa Hub (Upstairs)' unable to access HTTP port 8187 as already in use - waiting 15 seconds to try again (will retry 1 more times)

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:58 am
autolog offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
It seems the more servers I add the longer it takes to get them working. I added another bridge today and it again said all ports in use, so I changed all ports to nothing to regenerate and then all ports in use, then I changed them all and then all ports in use..... there seems to be a pattern. After disabling the plugin for a few minutes and re-enabling it everything worked. ...

I haven't been able to work out why it does this from time to time. :?

When I run the standard command line tests to check whether the port is in use, they come back negative. However, the plugin is receiving a response saying the port is in use. I agree it is rather annoying and if I could find the reason I would fix it ASAP. :)

Page 1 of 1