Alexa Hue Bridge Plugin Unresponsive

Posted on
Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:14 pm
jenwill1 offline

Alexa Hue Bridge Plugin Unresponsive

Not sure on the sequence of events but I am unable to open the configuration page of the plugin.

I tried deleting the plugin from Library/Application Support......

When I reloaded the plugin I got the following errors when I started the plugin and then try to open the configuration page.

Is there a configuration file hidden somewhere I need to delete ??

Thanks !

Started plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.12"
Alexa-Hue Bridge Alexa-Hue Bridge checking network access by attempting to access 'https://www.google.com/'
Alexa-Hue Bridge Error Alexa-Hue Bridge network access check failed - attempt 1 - retrying in 10 seconds
Alexa-Hue Bridge Error Alexa-Hue Bridge network access check failed - attempt 2 - retrying in 10 seconds
Alexa-Hue Bridge Error Alexa-Hue Bridge network access check failed - attempt 3 - retrying in 10 seconds
Alexa-Hue Bridge Error Alexa-Hue Bridge network access check failed - attempt 4 - retrying in 10 seconds
Alexa-Hue Bridge Error Alexa-Hue Bridge network access check failed - attempt 5 - retrying in 10 seconds
Alexa-Hue Bridge Error Alexa-Hue Bridge network access check failed - attempt 6 - retrying in 10 seconds
Alexa-Hue Bridge Error Alexa-Hue Bridge network access check failed - attempt 7 - retrying in 30 seconds
Alexa-Hue Bridge Error Alexa-Hue Bridge network access check failed - attempt 8 - retrying in 30 seconds

Oct 25, 2017, 1:03:50 PM
Alexa-Hue Bridge Error Alexa-Hue Bridge network access check failed - attempt 9 - retrying in 30 seconds

Oct 25, 2017, 1:04:20 PM
Alexa-Hue Bridge Error Alexa-Hue Bridge network access check failed - attempt 10 - retrying in 30 seconds

Oct 25, 2017, 1:04:50 PM
Alexa-Hue Bridge Error Alexa-Hue Bridge network access check failed - attempt 11 - retrying in 30 seconds
Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.indigodomo.opensource.alexa-hue-bridge for request UiGetValues1
Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.indigodomo.opensource.alexa-hue-bridge for request CallPluginFunc
Error (client) runConfigDialog() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

Oct 25, 2017, 1:05:20 PM
Alexa-Hue Bridge Error Alexa-Hue Bridge network access check failed - attempt 12 - retrying in 30 seconds

Oct 25, 2017, 1:05:50 PM
Alexa-Hue Bridge Error Alexa-Hue Bridge network access check failed - attempt 13 - retrying in 30 seconds

Oct 25, 2017, 1:06:20 PM
Alexa-Hue Bridge Error Alexa-Hue Bridge network access check failed - attempt 14 - will now silently retry every 300 seconds

Posted on
Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:54 pm
autolog offline

Re: Alexa Hue Bridge Plugin Unresponsive

jenwill1 wrote:
Not sure on the sequence of events but I am unable to open the configuration page of the plugin. ...

Looks like you found a bug :oops:

The plugin is checking whether it has access to the Internet and the messages you are getting are indicating that it doesn't. So in this situation, it can't work. However, the check is being done in the plugin start (probably incorrectly in the way its been done) so the start-up can't complete. I need to look at how best to resolve this (which I can do tomorrow - UK time).

In the meanwhile, even if it could get past this point the plugin wouldn't work as it can't contact Alexa. I am not sure whether overriding the Host IP Address would sort out this problem for you (something you can't do at the moment because you can't edit the config = catch-22!).

Have you got a firewall in place that is preventing access to the Internet. Sometimes it can be related to a bonjour problem. It might be worth rebooting you Apple Mac and then retrying.

I will make this my priority job tomorrow to apply a fix for the problem of being able to edit the config. :)

Posted on
Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:23 pm
autolog offline

I have done a quick fix which will enable the Configuration to be edited. I have moved the check to the background run-concurrent thread.

You can download it from the main Github page for the plugin: https://github.com/IndigoDomotics/alexa-hue-bridge

Click the Clone and Download button and then click download Zip file. Open the zip file (double click) and then double click the plugin to install it.

I will add it as a pre-release in due course. :)

Posted on
Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:40 am
jenwill1 offline

Thanks Jon ! Progress...

I Rebooted downloaded the updated to 3.0.14. Loaded with no errors. Created an Alexa bridge device. Left all settings defaulted. The bridge is using the iMac's IP address.

Alexa-Hue Bridge Alexa-Hue Bridge initialising . . .
Alexa-Hue Bridge Alexa discovery request logging enabled
Alexa-Hue Bridge No debugging requested
Alexa-Hue Bridge Alexa-Hue Bridge initialization complete
Alexa-Hue Bridge Hue Bridge 'new device' Host: 192.168.1.49
Alexa-Hue Bridge Hue Bridge 'new device' Host: 192.168.1.49
Alexa-Hue Bridge 'new device' has no Alexa Devices published
Alexa-Hue Bridge Starting Hue Bridge 'new device' web server thread
Alexa-Hue Bridge Starting Hue Bridge 'new device' discovery thread as 'Auto Start Discovery' requested
Alexa-Hue Bridge Alexa-Hue Bridge checking network access by attempting to access 'https://www.google.com/'
Alexa-Hue Bridge Error Alexa-Hue Bridge network access check failed - attempt 1 - retrying in 10 seconds
Alexa-Hue Bridge Error Alexa-Hue Bridge network access check failed - attempt 2 - retrying in 10 seconds

I have the firewall turned off at the moment....

The Lutron plugin is going out to the web ok.

Lutron RRA2/Caséta Checking for updates...
Lutron RRA2/Caséta Debug Plugin version detected: 7.0.3
Lutron RRA2/Caséta Debug Current version is: 7.0.3
Lutron RRA2/Caséta Debug Getting latest release from FlyingDiver/Indigo-radiora2...
Lutron RRA2/Caséta Debug GET /repos/FlyingDiver/Indigo-radiora2/releases/latest
Lutron RRA2/Caséta Debug HTTP 200 OK
Lutron RRA2/Caséta Debug Latest release is: 7.0.3
Lutron RRA2/Caséta No updates are available

I have Ubiquiti equipment for the network which I am a novice but can access details and the configuration easily.

Any ideas for me ?

Thanks again.

Posted on
Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:29 am
autolog offline

I have you got an ethernet and wifi enabled at the same time? This can sometimes cause problems.

Regardless of the error, can you discover devices?

Posted on
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:52 am
jenwill1 offline

Jon,

Just ethernet at the moment, I was running on wi-fi yesterday no ethernet connected.

The bridge device has discovery on, I added a device to the bridge ok from indigo.

I haven't seen anything in the event log besides the following.

Oct 26, 2017, 10:31:12 AM
Alexa-Hue Bridge sent "new device" Discovery on
Alexa-Hue Bridge Starting Hue Bridge 'new device' discovery threads as 'Turn On Discovery' requested

Thanks

Posted on
Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:23 am
autolog offline

OK - Just so I am clear, have you asked Alexa to 'discover devices' and Alexa has returned to you and said she can't find any?

EDIT: If you had Wi-Fi yesterday is the IP address you set for the Apple Mac the Wi-Fi IP address or is it the the ethernet IP address?

Posted on
Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:17 pm
jenwill1 offline

Jon, Alexa is discovering devices, including the device I added to the bridge. I'm afraid my network may be the culprit. Let me spend some time and I'll post back.

Thanks

Posted on
Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:31 am
jenwill1 offline

I deleted the indipref file and it started working fine ! Thanks for your efforts.

Oct 29, 2017, 8:14:23 AM
Enabling plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.14"
Starting plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.14" (pid 3037)
Alexa-Hue Bridge Alexa-Hue Bridge initialising . . .
Alexa-Hue Bridge Alexa discovery request logging disabled
Alexa-Hue Bridge No debugging requested
Started plugin "Alexa-Hue Bridge 3.0.14"
Alexa-Hue Bridge Alexa-Hue Bridge initialization complete
Alexa-Hue Bridge Hue Bridge 'Alexa' Host:
Alexa-Hue Bridge Hue Bridge 'Alexa' Host:
Alexa-Hue Bridge 'Alexa' has one Alexa Device published
Alexa-Hue Bridge Starting Hue Bridge 'Alexa' web server thread
Alexa-Hue Bridge Starting Hue Bridge 'Alexa' discovery thread as 'Auto Start Discovery' requested
Alexa-Hue Bridge Alexa-Hue Bridge checking network access by attempting to access 'www.google.com'
Alexa-Hue Bridge Alexa-Hue Bridge network access check to www.google.com successfully completed.
Alexa-Hue Bridge Alexa-Hue Bridge checking for Plugin update
Alexa-Hue Bridge Checking for updates...
Alexa-Hue Bridge No updates are available
Alexa-Hue Bridge Alexa-Hue Bridge next update check scheduled for: Monday, 2017-Oct-30 at 08:14

Posted on
Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:02 am
autolog offline

Thanks for the update - glad you got it sorted. :)

Page 1 of 1