Alexa devices no longer responding

Posted on
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:04 pm
Fxguy offline

Alexa devices no longer responding

So I purchased a first gen Echo dot and had everything back up and running. Yesterday I upgraded to Catalina and now Alexa keeps saying devices aren’t responding. Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Posted on
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:19 am
autolog offline

Re: Alexa devices no longer responding

Fxguy wrote:
So I purchased a first gen Echo dot and had everything back up and running. Yesterday I upgraded to Catalina and now Alexa keeps saying devices aren’t responding. Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Have a look at this post: Current state of this plugin (as of October 2019)

In particular take note of item 1 which says:
  1. In the plugin settings, select Override Host IP Address and enter the IP address of the Indigo Server Mac. The plugin can normally figure it out, but apparently in Catalina the IP address discovery the plugin uses doesn't work properly. Using this setting bypasses the automatic IP discovery and uses the IP address specified.

Hopefully that will help. :)

Posted on
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:23 am
Fxguy offline

I overrode the IP address but still not working.... :( Do I have to delete all the devices, unplug all the gen 2 echos and basically start over from scratch? Is there a way to republish the devices ?

Edit -- Nevermind. Reloading the plugin on the server straightened everything out! I have a tendency to overcomplicate things! LOL

Posted on
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:49 am
autolog offline

Glad it's working for you again. :)

Page 1 of 1