Alexa Control via Indigo?

Posted on
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:39 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Still not seeing anything happening on controlling Alexa, playing music etc., from Indigo Actions.
Anybody know of anything in the works to gain access for control other than voice?

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:50 pm
mundmc offline

I have been attentive to the topic of Alexa in general, and I haven’t seen anything allowing direct control, primarily related to authentication issues.

However, many people have gotten creative with an Echo dot and a mac wired or Bluetooth speaker.

For example:

Want Alexa to play a specific song? Have a tiny speaker from your machine running indigo next to an Echo Dot.

Make an action that uses the “say” command in AppleScript, or preferably the indigo.server.speak() command in python.

Make an Action Group “Play song” that runs a script. Keep Indigo Variables for fields to enter.

Indigo Variables
songTitle Mr. Roboto
songArtist Styx
songSource Spotify
songDest kitchen

(Below may not be perfect)

song = indigo.variables[“songTitle”]
artist = indigo.variables[“songArtist”]
source = indigo.variables[“songSource”]

indigo.server.speak(“Alexa,,, Play %s by %s on %s in %” % (song.value, artist.value, source.value, dest.value))
#”Alexa, play Mr. Roboto by Styx on Spotify in kitchen.”
#”Okay, playing yadee yadee in kitchen”

Then you can use control pages, xml, or whatever to insert info into variables, then use the action group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:33 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Re: Alexa Control via Indigo?

Thanks. I have tried that with some success...but the lag is a deal breaker for me.

Carl

Page 1 of 1