Autolog Foscam HD Controller Discussion

Posted on
Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:37 am
Busta999 offline

Re: Autolog Foscam HD Controller Discussion

autolog wrote:
I have now started to look at this again - a long time after Christmas I know. :wink:

I am intending to put the latest version on Github to establish a baseline for where we are with the various cameras. I will then look at trying to understand and resolve the various problems. :)

I'm between contracts and can help out if useful to you.

Mike

Posted on
Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:13 am
autolog offline

Hi Mike,
Busta999 wrote:
I'm between contracts and can help out if useful to you.

Thanks for the offer - with your selection of cameras that would be useful. :)

What version of the plugin are you using?

Posted on
Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:14 am
Busta999 offline

V2.0.0

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:31 am
Busta999 offline

OK

Foscam C1-Lite Cameras work completely - Motion detection and images retrieved on activity :-) Great job Autlog!!!

Just added Foscam F19900P HD External bullet cam - only set up Motion Detection - works great so far, can't try image capture without invalidating the warranty :-) i.e. micro sd card hidden inside camera, have to break seals to access it

Very nice to track motion around the house with these cheap cameras

Posted on
Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:55 am
Busta999 offline

I have just updated the firmware on all the cameras

I now get

Code: Select all
Error                           device "Cam-06 - Front Door" state key humanDetectAlarmState not defined (ignoring update request)
   Foscam HD Controller Error      'responseFromCamera' Error -3:Access deny [51:<CGI_Result>
    <result>-3</result>
</CGI_Result>
]
   Error                           device "Cam-06 - Front Door" state key humanDetectAlarmState not defined (ignoring update request)

Any insight on what is amiss here?

Passwords, usernames unchanged
Can access video streaming same credentials.

Plugin is showing Motion OK, so unclear on where the error is occurring

Posted on
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:32 am
autolog offline

There is a beta version (V2.2.5) which should hopefully fix this issue.

You can get it from the Github main page at https://github.com/autolog/Foscam_HD_Controller - click the green Clone or download button then select Download ZIP.

It isn't an official release yet as I haven't had time to document it or complete testing. I am however using it as my production system.

Let me know if it works for you. :)

Posted on
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:58 am
Busta999 offline

Jon,, thanks that seems to have stopped the avalanche of error messages and Indigo i son longer consuming all my CPU - phew.

On starting the updated plugin I did get:

Foscam HD Controller Error      'responseFromCamera' Error -3:Access deny [51:<CGI_Result>
    <result>-3</result>
</CGI_Result>
]

I really like that you are updating the time to the cameras, I have blocked access to the internet for the cameras, so can't use NTP, this is a great way around it, because the Foscam Cameras can't keep time to save their lives :-)

Mike

Posted on
Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:57 am
hamw offline

Will this control the Insteon Model 55 camera?

Posted on
Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:00 pm
autolog offline

hamw wrote:
Will this control the Insteon Model 55 camera?

I doubt it unless the Insteon Model 55 camera is a Foscam clone. The plugin uses the Foscam API to control Foscam cameras - it is not a generic camera plugin.

Check out Bert's Plugins, in particular the Security Camera plugin. :)

Posted on
Thu May 23, 2019 8:10 am
whmoorejr offline

Line 514?
This plugin has been running flawlessly for me for 3 years now? (last time I posted to this thread). Then today 2 of the cameras started throwing this in the log...
May 23, 2019, 9:06:43 AM
   Foscam HD Controller            Initialised 'ThreadPolling' Thread for ISL_DoorCamFront [10.0.6.133:8063] to poll at 5 second intervals
   Foscam HD Controller            Initialised 'ThreadPolling' Thread for ISL_PlayRoom_Camera [10.0.6.131:8061] to poll at 5 second intervals
   Foscam HD Controller            'ISL_DoorCamFront' camera time synchronised to '2019-05-23 14:06:46 PM UTC -5'
   Foscam HD Controller Error      StandardError detected for 'ISL_DoorCamFront' at line '514' = invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
   Foscam HD Controller            'ISL_PlayRoom_Camera' camera time synchronised to '2019-05-23 14:06:47 UTC -5'
   Foscam HD Controller Error      StandardError detected for 'ISL_DoorCamFront' at line '514' = invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
   Foscam HD Controller Error      StandardError detected for 'ISL_PlayRoom_Camera' at line '514' = invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
   Foscam HD Controller Error      StandardError detected for 'ISL_PlayRoom_Camera' at line '514' = invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

That is taken from the moment that communication was enabled. Any thoughts?

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Thu May 23, 2019 8:27 am
autolog offline

I'll try and help / sort the issue. :)

Can you confirm the version of the plugin you are using?

Also, for the cameras that are failing, can you tell me what the value of the custom state Linkage is?

Posted on
Thu May 23, 2019 8:34 am
whmoorejr offline

Indigo 7.3
Foscam HD Controller: 2.3.1
Linkage : <- Blank

All other cameras are either 0, 142 or 136

Bill

Posted on
Thu May 23, 2019 8:52 am
autolog offline

OK - that's a bit of a problem because the plugin is using that state to determine what state the camera is in. :(

Did you update the firmware on those two cameras and not the others?

What model of Foscam cameras are the two failing ones?

I presume you can still access the cameras from the Foscam software?

Posted on
Thu May 23, 2019 9:33 am
whmoorejr offline

ISL_DoorCamFront = C2
ISL_Playroom = R2

Last time I did a firmware update is prior to loosing Safari plugin support for Foscam. I only have that one R2 camera. I have another C2 in the ecosystem running the same firmware / web UI (1.11.1.5 / 2.72.1.7). The other C2 has no issues. The R2 is on firmware 1.11.1.8 / 2.71.1.21

I have the Foscam "Equipment Search Tool" that I can do some stuff with.

I plan on upgrading to Amcrest cameras (if the safari thing gets worked out because I don't even know if I can set up a new camera without also buying a PC).... but that's a whole separate conversation.

Bill

Posted on
Thu May 23, 2019 9:51 am
autolog offline

Are you using any other software so that you can tell whether the cameras are working correctly?

In any case, you could try the following steps:
  • Disable the plugin.
  • Reboot the two cameras.
  • after 5 minutes, re-enable the plugin and see what happens.
First steps in problem support - switch it off and on again. :)