supported / unsupported devices

Posted on
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:14 pm
MattDinOC offline

supported / unsupported devices

I'm still a certified noob when it comes to this homebridge stuff... I just added my first Z-Wave device to my system, and it looks like it's not supported by either homebridge or homebridge-indigo or HBB (not sure which).

Code: Select all
[2018-2-12 19:46:44] [Homebridge - Indigo] Indigo request: http://127.0.0.1:8176/devices/Humidity%201.json
[2018-2-12 19:46:44] [Homebridge - Indigo] Discovered Zooz Multi Sensor (ZSE40) (ID 723756944): Humidity 1
[2018-2-12 19:46:44] [Homebridge - Indigo] Ignoring unknown accessory type Zooz Multi Sensor (ZSE40)

Is there any way to tell whether a given device is supported or not? That info could be useful when making a purchase decision, or after purchase when trying to figure out why my device isn't visible to HomeKit. ;)

I understand that these are all open source, community-supported projects, so I'm not expecting an always-updated, authoritative, exhaustive list of every single supported device. More like wondering how other users go about figuring out whether their device is supported or not...

Thanks!
Matt

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:20 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: supported / unsupported devices

So the reason for that message is that you didn't explicitly tell Homebridge/HBB what your device is and it couldn't figure it out on it's own. HB-Indigo is based on an API that's a bit selective about what information it doles out so there's not always enough to go on to auto-detect your device (another reason HomeKit Bridge is being developed). To fix this you can either go into the server config and assign it to one of the "Treat As" groups, you can create a Wrapper Device to define it further or an Alias device.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:14 am
rehafer offline

My experience with HomeKit so far is that it understands Motion, Temperature, Humidity, and Air Quality; displaying them as separate devices even when they come from the same source. For example, the HomeKit native Eve Room adds as one device but displays as 3 devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:22 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

rehafer wrote:
For example, the HomeKit native Eve Room adds as one device but displays as 3 devices

And HomeKit Bridge is going to do the same thing to a degree (no pun intended), but it's a little trickier. HBB doesn't do this at all, you would need to add three wrappers to achieve that.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Page 1 of 1