Page 1 of 1

Garage Door status inverted

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:29 pm
by MattDinOC
So I've got HBB working quite nicely, with just a couple of annoyances that I'd love to get resolved. Making a separate post for each of them.

Indigo knows about my garage door and can close/open it, thanks to FlyingDiver's MyQ plugin. It shows as locked when the door is closed, and unlocked when the door is open. Very nice. But for some reason, once it gets to the Home app by way of HBB, the status is always incorrect:

When the door is physically closed, Indigo shows it as locked, but Home shows it as open.
When the door is physically open, Indigo shows it as unlocked, but Home shows it as closed.

When I use Home (or Siri) to open the door, it closes; and vice versa.

So it does work, it's just that 1=0 and 0=1. :) Any idea why this is?

Thanks!
Matt

Re: Garage Door status inverted

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:34 pm
by Colorado4Wheeler
I can't speak to plugins because I know nothing of myQ but you could do what I did and create a wrapper for your door, this will make sure it shows up exactly as you want it to by specifying what state should be what value to equal closed/open/etc.

Re: Garage Door status inverted

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:41 pm
by MattDinOC
Thanks, I tried making a wrapper, but didn't get very far... I can try that again, or just wait for HomeKit Bridge. :lol:

I forgot to mention, my old iPhone is running iOS 10.3.3. Not sure if that could be related...

Re: Garage Door status inverted

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:09 pm
by FlyingDiver
MattDinOC wrote:
When the door is physically closed, Indigo shows it as locked, but Home shows it as open.
When the door is physically open, Indigo shows it as unlocked, but Home shows it as closed.

When I use Home (or Siri) to open the door, it closes; and vice versa.

So it does work, it's just that 1=0 and 0=1. :) Any idea why this is?


It appears that HomeKit treats an open door as "on" and a closed door as "off". Which matches the normal usage for things like shades. But locks are "on" when locked and "off" when unlocked.

I'm having the exact same issue on my system, using the beta HomeKit Bridge.

We'll get this worked out for HomeKit Bridge one way or another.

Re: Garage Door status inverted

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:17 pm
by Colorado4Wheeler
FlyingDiver wrote:
It appears that HomeKit treats an open door as "on" and a closed door as "off". Which matches the normal usage for things like shades. But locks are "on" when locked and "off" when unlocked.

I'm having the exact same issue on my system, using the beta HomeKit Bridge.

We'll get this worked out for HomeKit Bridge one way or another.


HKB doesn't support doors yet except garage doors and they are broken in Homebridge at the moment. It does support locks and my lock is working. I'll leave getting this resolved to the beta testing and once we get garage doors fixed and doors working hopefully everything will be in place.

Re: Garage Door status inverted

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:22 pm
by MattDinOC
Sounds good, thanks for all the work you have both done!

Re: Garage Door status inverted

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:29 pm
by Colorado4Wheeler
Here's how I wrap my garage door in HBB. I use the Insteon garage door kit, which is a Multi I/O, but it'll give you an idea of how to do it.

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 5.28.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 5.28.57 PM.png (89.84 KiB) Viewed 802 times
Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 5.28.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 5.28.49 PM.png (84.95 KiB) Viewed 802 times

Re: Garage Door status inverted

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:09 am
by MattDinOC
Thanks for posting these, C4W... I still had trouble making wrappers for it, so I'm 100% fine with punting on this until HKB. I appreciate the pointers.

Cheers!
Matt

Re: Garage Door status inverted

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:14 am
by keifer1
Bass Ackwards if u ask me


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Garage Door status inverted

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:20 am
by Colorado4Wheeler
keifer1 wrote:
Bass Ackwards if u ask me


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better than FUBAR and being a former Army man that term has significance to me. SNAFU too.