HBB Integrated Plugin: Sonos ZonePlayer

Posted on
Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:04 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: HBB Integrated Plugin: Sonos ZonePlayer

mlooss wrote:
Maybe you can add some additional logic to check for an existing default device first, rather than attempt creation of one immediately?

It is there...

Code: Select all
for dev in indigo.devices.iter(self.pluginId + ".Homebridge-Server"):

That's going through every device you have looking for a Homebridge server and only proceeds if one is not found. I wonder if it was a case of somehow you changed something when you were playing with HBB.

As for the no response issue, you may have to remove and re-add, it's a silly HomeKit issue and it's really persnickety sometimes.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:35 pm
mlooss offline

Maybe I did not express myself clearly, I did not mean every device in Indigo, but the default bridge that gets created after an HBB update. The log file clearly shows it is creating the default bridge and there does seem to be a stalled process while this is happening.

I now was able to use my Apple Home app again with HBB v1.0.3, but I now created a new Homebridge Sonos ZonePlayer device in Indigo and I configured it manually like in your screenshot above and all my devices are unresponsive again. Do I have to remove the bridge again?

Posted on
Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:54 pm
mlooss offline

In order to use the Sonos ZonePlayer in HBB 1.0.3, do I still need to install the full version of HB, I may have missed this detail but don't find any reference to it?

Posted on
Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:13 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

mlooss wrote:
Maybe I did not express myself clearly, I did not mean every device in Indigo, but the default bridge that gets created after an HBB update.

That's just it, it won't even try to create that unless one is missing - update or not, if you remove the server and restart HBB it will create a new one

mlooss wrote:
I now was able to use my Apple Home app again with HBB v1.0.3, but I now created a new Homebridge Sonos ZonePlayer device in Indigo and I configured it manually like in your screenshot above and all my devices are unresponsive again. Do I have to remove the bridge again?

I'm not sure why the Sonos would cause you HomeKit devices to not respond. Is the server still running? What happens if you remove the Sonos player? Can you do a print of your config so I can see what it looks like?

mlooss wrote:
In order to use the Sonos ZonePlayer in HBB 1.0.3, do I still need to install the full version of HB, I may have missed this detail but don't find any reference to it?

No, it's built into HBB, you do not need the full server for this. I'll likely never ask to test anything on the full server because if it's a HB plugin then it will likely work on the full server, it's getting it to work with HBB that can be tricky.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:34 pm
mlooss offline

That's just it, it won't even try to create that unless one is missing - update or not, if you remove the server and restart HBB it will create a new one

Well, something went wrong when I first installed this new 1.0.3 release and it would be helpful to identify what caused this misconfiguration, so that other users don't experience the same problem.

I'm not sure why the Sonos would cause you HomeKit devices to not respond. Is the server still running? What happens if you remove the Sonos player? Can you do a print of your config so I can see what it looks like?

Yes, this server and the other two I created are still running. I went ahead and removed Indigo Homebridge from my Home app and added it again. For a few minutes it would show unresponsive devices and now the screen states "Loading Accessories and Scenes" for some time now.

No, it's built into HBB, you do not need the full server for this. I'll likely never ask to test anything on the full server because if it's a HB plugin then it will likely work on the full server, it's getting it to work with HBB that can be tricky.

Does this mean, that the camera server I now see can be also tested without the full install of HB?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 15.20.49.jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 15.20.49.jpeg (89.56 KiB) Viewed 3091 times

Posted on
Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:42 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

mlooss wrote:
it would be helpful to identify what caused this misconfiguration, so that other users don't experience the same problem.

Agreed!

mlooss wrote:
For a few minutes it would show unresponsive devices and now the screen states "Loading Accessories and Scenes" for some time now.

#1, it can take a while to rebuild, #2, you may have to change the user ID of your HBB server to force HomeKit to refresh properly

mlooss wrote:
Does this mean, that the camera server I now see can be also tested without the full install of HB?

No, if you try to add a camera you'll see that none of the HBB built-in servers will show up on the list of servers to attach the camera to, only the full HB-Indigo servers will show because the Camera requires ffmpeg and the special wrapped version of HB built into HBB cannot do ffmpeg just yet (I am working on that).

For your config, what I want to see is the dump of the HB config itself, if you go to the plugin menu there is an option to dump the HB configuration to your event log in it's native JSON format so I can see what it looks like.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:13 pm
mlooss offline

I already had created the camera server in preparation for testing, but I decided to remove it for now. I did a save and reload of HBB and after that the plug-in became disabled. Trying to enable it generates this only message.

Code: Select all
Dec 20, 2017, 4:07:30 PM
   Error                           ReloadPlugin() caught exception: FileIOError -- cannot move: destination file exists

I even rebooted my server and I am still unable to enable HBB now?

Posted on
Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:30 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

This is getting really confusing and a moving target that just doesn't make any sense. I've gone through every single step you did on a fresh server of Indigo, starting from scratch and upgrading and I have zero problems whatsoever.

The "ReloadPlugin()" function doesn't even exist in HBB, I don't know how you could be getting an error on a function that doesn't exist. Now the file exists thing maybe, but that sounds like it's either Indigo or some other plugin.

Can you please turn on full debugging so I can see EVERYTHING that is going on? Doing this piecemeal with one line of log at a time is proving to be impossible to diagnose.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:47 pm
mlooss offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
This is getting really confusing and a moving target that just doesn't make any sense. I've gone through every single step you did on a fresh server of Indigo, starting from scratch and upgrading and I have zero problems whatsoever.

The "ReloadPlugin()" function doesn't even exist in HBB, I don't know how you could be getting an error on a function that doesn't exist. Now the file exists thing maybe, but that sounds like it's either Indigo or some other plugin.

Can you please turn on full debugging so I can see EVERYTHING that is going on? Doing this piecemeal with one line of log at a time is proving to be impossible to diagnose.

Since HBB is disabled and I cannot enable it, which full debugging do you want me to enable?

Every time I try enabling HBB this same error is generated immediately and I don't see any other log entries for a few seconds, so it must be coming from me trying to enable HBB?

I know it is frustrating, I am sitting on the receiving end here and HBB has been working very well for me since I started using it many months ago.

Posted on
Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:54 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Did you happen to do a full backup before installing the update? Can we restore the backup? I really have no idea what might be happening without remotely accessing your system to see it in real time. It could be an Indigo problem or a computer problem or an HBB problem. I ran this through four times now from a fresh Indigo install + HBB 1.0.1 to 1.0.3 and not a single issue. If you can restore then you should restore your database and revert back to 1.0.1 so you are back up and running.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:58 pm
mlooss offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Did you happen to do a full backup before installing the update? Can we restore the backup? I really have no idea what might be happening without remotely accessing your system to see it in real time. It could be an Indigo problem or a computer problem or an HBB problem. I ran this through four times now from a fresh Indigo install + HBB 1.0.1 to 1.0.3 and not a single issue. If you can restore then you should restore your database and revert back to 1.0.1 so you are back up and running.

I actually would prefer if we could coordinate a remote session into my server, my guess I can trust you plus I will be monitoring the session too. Let me know which of the many support tool options you prefer and when. I am good now or later.

Thanks

Posted on
Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:07 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Do you have a backup you can restore before we go down that path? I would much rather have you do that and use remote support as a nuclear option - I am sure you can understand that I do this in my spare time and at no charge so if you can go back to where you were before this then that makes life easier on everyone and we can then work on this in a much more controlled environment.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:30 pm
mlooss offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Do you have a backup you can restore before we go down that path? I would much rather have you do that and use remote support as a nuclear option - I am sure you can understand that I do this in my spare time and at no charge so if you can go back to where you were before this then that makes life easier on everyone and we can then work on this in a much more controlled environment.

Yes, I have a backup, did one just before I upgraded early today. I am not looking for free support, I realize that this is a free plug-in, even so I feel I should pay you something for your time and efforts, since I benefit from it. I thought that you might be interested to find out what is going on, because you pulled your plug-in once before because many users reported issues and I did not have any at all.

I can get my system back to an earlier stage with no problem, but I will attempt some more troubleshooting in the hope I find the issue.

Thanks for all your time today.

Posted on
Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:34 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

That's awesome!!! I'm completely willing to diagnose this and work on why it may have worked out how it did but I wanted to first get you to a "before" picture and put another update out and start from that. To start from a broken system and try to fix it is much more difficult than to see the process from start to finish.

I'm going to release 1.0.4 soon with IFTTT support (I'm testing it now) and in doing that found a few Sonos things that needed to be addressed anyway so it works out better in 1.0.4 than in 1.0.1 - 1.0.3. If you want to give it another shot, perhaps tomorrow, then we can set a time, get backups, do an upgrade and I'll be on hand for Skype and remote support. How does that work out for you?

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:37 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Oh, and I'm not looking for compensation at all - so making it as easy to support as possible helps me NOT burn out on diagnostics :).

Check Them Out Here