Something odd about Watch Siri

Posted on
Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:24 am
PeteVis offline

Something odd about Watch Siri

I have one device, my driveway gate, that I have been opening and closing while talking to Siri on the Apple Watch.

Since a few days, I suddenly noticed that when asking to open the gate, that my gate was only half open.
When looking in the Indigo log, I now see that the commands I give to Siri on the Apple Watch result in a double trigger, so Siri seems to send the open command twice at the same time.

This only happens for this gate device, and it only happens when talking to Siri on the Apple Watch.
Siri on the iPhone works as intended, and also manually opening and closing the gate from the Home app, both on the Watch and iPhone work as intended... it's only Siri on the Watch that sends a double "open" command.

Has anyone noticed this too, and is there a remedy ?

Could I perhaps modify the action group in indigo so that it only can run once every x seconds ?

Posted on
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:35 am
rehafer offline

Re: Something odd about Watch Siri

Are you giving command via “Hey Siri”? I’ve noticed my iPhone will sometimes respond from my pocket when I’m talking to my watch. I don’t know if that’s relevant to your question; but it’s an easy thing to check.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:47 am
PeteVis offline

Yes, I first wake her with "Hey Siri" on the watch before giving the command (is there another way to use Siri on the watch ?)

I made sure that phone siri kept quiet when talking to watch siri, and vice versa... but only watch siri is giving me grief with my driveway gate.
Very odd.

Posted on
Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:49 pm
rehafer offline

You can push in and hold the Digital Crown and it will start Siri listening. Not that it matters if you already know your iPhone is not also activating.
I only have devices that respond more or less instantly, so wouldn’t see your kind of interruption. I don’t see double commands in my Indigo log when I use “Hey Siri” to turn them on with the watch. Maybe others have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1