Changing Indigo Password Problem

Posted on
Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:07 am
kwijibo007 offline

Changing Indigo Password Problem

Firstly, thanks Colorado4Wheeler for the awesome work. This is a great plugin.

I think I found a small bug though.

I setup HBB for the first time over the weekend and it worked great. For an unrelated reason I then decided to change my Indigo Username and Password for web/app access. I went back in to HBB and updated the new password. Although the plugin config shows the correct username, it's not being updated inside the plugin as I got a lot of access denied messages within the HBB log showing the old username (presumably still using the old password). I re-started the plugin multiple times and re-sarted the Mac. Same result.

The only way I could get the new username/password to work in the plugin was to delete the plugin and the prefrences file and re-install it.

Anyway, I'm up and running and happy but thought I'd report the bug.

Pete

Posted on
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:43 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Changing Indigo Password Problem

Are you sure you saved the configuration and reloaded HBB via the menu? If the user/pass was correct in the config AND you restarted HB then if it didn't work then that may be a bug with HB.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:40 pm
kwijibo007 offline

Re: Changing Indigo Password Problem

I’m pretty sure I tried everything? In the config menu, the new username and password survived plugin restart, Indigo restart and Mac restart.

I’d reproduce and test again but re-installing the plugin meant I had to re-configure the devices in HomeKit. Bit of a pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1