Anyone using Homebridge-ZP?

Posted on
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:57 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Anyone using Homebridge-ZP?

I'm looking to add Sonos support to Homebridge Buddy, but I don't have a Sonos device. I am able to glean quite a bit of information from the NPM documentation on the plugin but it appears as though it only allows one Sonos device per HB server, is that right? Does anyone use multiple zones in a single Homebridge configuration that can share the ZP platform config.json with me?

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:32 pm
Londonmark offline

Re: Anyone using Homebridge-ZP?

I think what happens is that it needs the address of one player and then finds all the others. That’s how the Sonos plugin for indigo works. Certainly the documentation seems to imply you can use multiple players (which Sonos for no very good reason insists on calling zone players).

Posted on
Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:41 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

The problem is that it's a platform and not an accessory, and generally a platform then has an array of devices for the platform but the documentation implies that there is just one player per platform and we cannot have multiple platforms of the same type in the config (I don't believe), this all points to just a single Sonos config per server rather than multiple Sonos devices per server. Does that make sense?

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:06 pm
Londonmark offline

Not sure it does! First line of the description says the plugin exposes Sonos Zoneplayers (plural) to HomeKit and then it talks about linking and unlinking players.

There’s also homebridge-Sonos but zp looked more powerful to me.

Page 1 of 1