Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:52 pm
malencar offline

Re: Homebridge Buddy and IOS 11

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Updated for IOS 11 support!

Thank you!
Forgive my ignorance, but how do I update it?

Thanks

Posted on
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:22 pm
malencar offline

I have replaced the plugin in the correct location but also getting an error message (see below):

Enabling plugin "EPS - Homebridge Buddy 1.00"
Starting plugin "EPS - Homebridge Buddy 1.00" (pid 96012)
Started plugin "EPS - Homebridge Buddy 1.00"
EPS - Homebridge Buddy Error Unable to create Homebridge folder /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/homebridge/135866153
EPS - Homebridge Buddy EPS - Homebridge Buddy is loaded and ready to use

Please advise

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:57 am
durosity offline

@malencar don’t worry, c4w is aware of the issue.. hopefully have a solution soon :)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:31 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I'm able to reproduce the issue on an isolated copy of Indigo, working on a resolution now.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:53 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Problems found and fixed in 1.0.1, the updates should be compiled and uploaded in the next 5 minutes or so - there will be a main post with the release notes when all is ready.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:11 am
rgspb offline

Downloaded the 1.0.1 update and I still get "No Response" in the Home App.

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:24 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Not sure why that may be, I'm using IOS 11, Watch OS 4 and HBB 1.0.1 and it communicates fine. Does it work with the .20 version of HBB?

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:26 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Your HomeKit configuration may have gotten corrupted (not a part of HBB or HB, just a HomeKit known issue). You may need to delete your HomeKit accessory and recreate it. The same is happening with the non plugin version. viewtopic.php?f=191&t=19084

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:35 am
Different Computers offline

I am also getting No Response for all Indigo devices. I'll start by rebooting the AppleTV hub.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:49 am
rehafer offline

Removing and re-adding the HBB server worked for me. (Once I leave the house, I’ll see if I need to log out and back in on iCloud on ATV to get remote access).
Other question:
When I start HB from the HBB plugin menu, I get the ‘do not try to use Siri until you get a message that the server has started’ message as before, but the aforementioned server up message never appears. Is that a problem or just some leftover code?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:13 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

An oversight, one that I've been meaning to fix. It does tell you, but it simply says "Server XYZ is back up" so it does it but the message isn't what I said it would be.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:14 am
Different Computers offline

I'm seeing two different descriptions of what to do:

Removing and re-adding the HBB server

and
You may need to delete your HomeKit accessory and recreate it.

Are both of these referring to actions in the iOS Home app, or do they refer to removing the Indigo device from Indigo?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:18 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I'm not sure how removing the HBB server in Indigo would do anything at all other than just be frustrating. I assume he meant he deleted the HBB server from HomeKit - deleting the accessory is the only way you are likely going to get past the "not responding" problem.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:20 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Oh, and remember that it could take a while until it propagates to iCloud so when you remove and re-add the accessory don't be surprised if your other iOS devices don't populate right away or if your remote access isn't instantly available. Last time I had to do that, a year ago or so, it took a couple hours until everything settled in.

Check Them Out Here