Support for motion sensors added to homebridge-indigo

Posted on
Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:16 pm
blysik offline

Support for motion sensors added to homebridge-indigo

https://github.com/webdeck/homebridge-indigo/pull/15

Was just accepted to homebridge-indigo. This adds motion sensor support. I think homebridge buddy will need some changes for this? I'm excited for the possibility of wrapper devices supporting motion sensors also!

Posted on
Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:54 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Support for motion sensors added to homebridge-indigo

Yea, I just saw this request fulfilled last night, it's already on my list :).

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:14 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Added and tested, looks good :). I need to squash an unrelated bug or two and I'll release an update hopefully today.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:11 am
blysik offline

I'm trying to use a wrapper, to make my hikvision alerts device look like a motion sensor. The flow of creating a wrapper doesn't seem to mesh with a motion sensor. ie, it wants me to define an action for on/off. In the motion sensor, I really just want it to match on/off with a state of another device.

Can you explain how I should be doing this? Maybe there's some requirement I'm missing also. (Like my device has to have by default an on/off state, and the wrapper will just mirror it.)

Posted on
Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:58 pm
FlyingDiver offline

blysik wrote:
I'm trying to use a wrapper, to make my hikvision alerts device look like a motion sensor. The flow of creating a wrapper doesn't seem to mesh with a motion sensor. ie, it wants me to define an action for on/off. In the motion sensor, I really just want it to match on/off with a state of another device.

Can you explain how I should be doing this? Maybe there's some requirement I'm missing also. (Like my device has to have by default an on/off state, and the wrapper will just mirror it.)

Use my Masquerade plugin. Should be trivial. viewtopic.php?f=216&t=17402

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:41 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

On / Off equates to Triggered / Not Triggered. If you want it to match the on / off state then you just select those states because, behind the scenes, both On / Off and Triggered / Not Triggered are the same boolean true/false value.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:01 pm
blysik offline

Using the Masquerade plugin I was able to make it work, thanks! I now have a motion sensor showing up in the Home app.

However, it doesn't seem to trigger in Home, even if my Masquerade device triggers. I have the motion sensor, and a camera in the same room. I have the motion sensor enabled to send notifications. I then triggered it. (I know I triggered it because I have an Indigo trigger on the hikvision device.) I can see that the Masquerade device turns on. Unfortunately, I don't get a notification from the Home app. I was expecting a rich nofication from it.

Anyone get this working?

Posted on
Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:08 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I have all my sensors working and do NOT get rich notifications of motion detected, only the icon in the Home app will change to indicate movement.

blysik wrote:
Using the Masquerade plugin I was able to make it work

I won't worry about the wrappers anymore if there's a plugin working better for people.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:19 pm
blysik offline

Aha! So if I closed and reopened the Home app, I then got a proper notification WITH camera image and link to camera when I touched it. So it seems related to homebridge not actively telling HomeKit status, unless queried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:49 pm
7rdr7 offline

Having the same issue as "Blysik" below. Did anyone figure out how to propogate the Indigo/Masquerade motion sensor status thru homebridge-indigo to the Home app?

"Using the Masquerade plugin I was able to make it work, thanks! I now have a motion sensor showing up in the Home app.

However, it doesn't seem to trigger in Home, even if my Masquerade device triggers......

Anyone get this working?"

Posted on
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:09 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

It works under the replacement for HBB called HomeKit Bridge, which should be opening to public beta soon. If you can hold off on this particular need for just slightly longer then I think your questions will be answered in the new version.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:20 pm
7rdr7 offline

Thanks! Look forward to seeing Homekit Bridge!

Page 1 of 1