Feature Request: homebridge-envisalink support

Posted on
Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:59 pm
durosity offline

Feature Request: homebridge-envisalink support

So since you've clearly got time on your hands how about a similar idea to the homebridge-camera module where it lets you add to the config.json file entries for the homebridge-envisalink module (https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebridge-envisalink) but with a smart little twist where you can select all the zones that you've already got setup in indigo using the Indigo DSC plugin and get it to pre-populate the zones?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:34 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Feature Request: homebridge-envisalink support

LOL! You don't ask much do you? I'll add it to the list :).

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:54 pm
durosity offline

Make sure it goes at the top of the list ;)

(On a side note i can't actually get homebridge-envisalink to work as somehow i've managed to install it twice to different locations and it won't show me the 2nd one.. but that's another story ;)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:58 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

npm -remove homebridge-envisalink

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:20 pm
blysik offline

durosity: does homebridge-envisalink coexist well with the Indigo DSC Alarm plugin?

I read somewhere that envisalink only allows one connection, so I was worried that I couldn't do both simultaneously. (And so I wasn't going to try homebridge-envisalink.)

Posted on
Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:27 pm
durosity offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
npm -remove homebridge-envisalink

Already tried, that plus lots of permutations.. I remember when I installed it nothing seemed to work, then suddenly next time I rebooted the server it started showing up in double. Worked for a while but then a comms error stopped it from working with my envisalink, now when I apply the update it updates but when launched it seems to use the old one. I'll find it someday when I have the energy to try!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:30 pm
durosity offline

blysik wrote:
durosity: does homebridge-envisalink coexist well with the Indigo DSC Alarm plugin?

I read somewhere that envisalink only allows one connection, so I was worried that I couldn't do both simultaneously. (And so I wasn't going to try homebridge-envisalink.)

Honestly I don't really know.. I only had it working for a very short time before it broke.. my indigo connection is via an IT100 (I had intended to switch to the envisalink but I found the slightly longer delay to triggers quite intolerable so switched back)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:30 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

npm -upgrade homebridge-envisalink

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:23 pm
Ramias offline

blysik wrote:

My Envisalink 2DS only allows one connection at a time.

Posted on
Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:22 am
durosity offline

Bummer, I was hoping to use that in indigo for zone bypasses (with a modified version of the plugin) and in homebridge. Oh well just have to wait for homebridge indigo to support alarm devices.. if it ever does :)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:55 am
blysik offline

So I just tested it, and it was unfortunately as I thought:

* If DSC Alarm plugin is enabled in Indigo, homebridge gives an error when trying to start homebridge-envisalink.
* Disable DSC Alarm, and homebridge-envisalink starts fine.

We need homebridge-indigo to support alarm devices to have it all.

Posted on
Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:51 am
RogueProeliator offline

* If DSC Alarm plugin is enabled in Indigo, homebridge gives an error when trying to start homebridge-envisalink.
* Disable DSC Alarm, and homebridge-envisalink starts fine.

To the alarm, the EnvisaLink is just another keypad, right? If that is the case couldn't you add a second EnvisaLink to the mix? Been a while since I purchased it so I don't really remember the financial cost of going that route, though...

Posted on
Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:21 pm
blysik offline

There is a forum thread in the Envisalink forums where adding a second board is discussed. The assessment was that it's possible, just be careful about power draw.

Posted on
Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:54 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

durosity wrote:
Oh well just have to wait for homebridge indigo to support alarm devices.. if it ever does

Have you experimented with the Wrappers in HBB? They are far more complex than a simple Alias device but their intent is to let you do stuff with HB that it doesn't already do.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:20 pm
blysik offline

Wrappers may help provide workarounds. But since homekit natively supports "alarm panel" type devices, unless Wrappers can pretend to be those, you lose out on the specific UI features of homekit + alarm stuff.