Feature Request: homebridge-envisalink support

Posted on
Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:24 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Feature Request: homebridge-envisalink support

Yes, but that's what Wrappers are meant to be - either a workaround until something better comes along so you have SOME functionality or actual devices that do stuff that likely will never be part of HB at all (or will be unlikely to do it as you want).

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:18 pm
durosity offline

Re: Feature Request: homebridge-envisalink support

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Yes, but that's what Wrappers are meant to be - either a workaround until something better comes along so you have SOME functionality or actual devices that do stuff that likely will never be part of HB at all (or will be unlikely to do it as you want).

Yeah wrappers do look interesting.. I'll be giving it some thought on how I want to do it. The ideal setup would be native alarm support via indigo homebridge BUT I can see that being difficult to implement since indigo doesn't have a native alarm device definition so I can imagine all the different plugins working in different ways meaning each one would have to be written specially for the plugin (PST.. webdeck.. if you're gonna do that make sure you do DSC first since it's the best one ;) ) . I suppose a 2nd envisalink is a possibility BUT three interfaces for the same alarm panel just seems like a lot of duplication of equipment for little reward (I'm already on an IT100 and a envisalink 4).

Of course if Matt & Jay fancy writing a specific structure for alarm panels to make the job easier I'd be a happy boy. For a while. Until I demanded more.

(On a side note I finally got the duplicate homebridge envisalink plugin removed.. it works fine but for some reason it presents doors and windows as devices that can be opened and closed which is a bit strange! And also by default notifications are on with each device it creates.. my phone spent about 5 mins just repeatedly chiming when the wife went up to the study!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.